Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 04:20 PM   #41
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Even if she did respond in the affirmative, Dio, that wouldn't be fair to you, and I wouldn't want you to leave on that account, or any other. You have broken no rules here.

All the serious and heavy nature is taking a long time for some of us to adjust to. As long as there is a balance between serious and light-heartedness, I don't mind. It is up to all of us to maintain that balance. (Gheez, now I'm starting to sound like Arundel in IWD...)

------------------
Old 10-10-2001, 04:20 PM   #42
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Oh no say it is not so, we will no longer be kicking buts together? Ok then but we will say we knew the hereo and people may look at us more strangly than they already do.

And Jabidas snaps back out of it. Moiraine going say it is not so. Damn please dont, really. No need to leave. You can join my ever groweing army of the undead if you like

------------------

jabidas = Sorcerer of clan Aerie thing

Also I will have nothing to do with sulpher powder and secret priesthoods so dont even try it.

And dont worry soon you shall all be part of my ever growing army of the undead.
Old 10-10-2001, 04:22 PM   #43
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Even if she did respond in the affirmative, Dio, that wouldn't be fair to you, and I wouldn't want you to leave on that account, or any other. You have broken no rules here.

All the serious and heavy nature is taking a long time for some of us to adjust to. As long as there is a balance between serious and light-heartedness, I don't mind. It is up to all of us to maintain that balance. (Gheez, now I'm starting to sound like Arundel in IWD...)

It could be worse Saz, you could be sounding like Minsc or Xan from BG1, or maybe even Xzar, now THAT would be bad

Old 10-10-2001, 04:23 PM   #44
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I hope she comes back i miss her and her lovely posts. I agree that the bordes have been realy serious lately which is why i haven't posted alot myself lately. The hummor is what brought be back after i left when i first signed up i hope i all comes back like it was before. I have seen a treand though after things settle down and people calm down most people who leave come back in there own time. IMHO all we can do is to whait for her return.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 10-10-2001, 06:11 PM   #45
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
First of all, Mirac, nice to meet you !
Secondly, while you are correct in that that post hurt Moiraine very much, it was most certainly only the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back: her actual reasons for making the decision to leave were much more complex and really an accumulation of pent up frustration with the recent state of the forum and even world affairs from the last couple of weeks. So, fingerpointing at Dio is furthermore at least partially unfair and more importantly isn't the kind of thing that will be very helpful in creating the kind of atmosphere here at IW that would make it any more appealing for Moiraine to return.

I know you meant well, but please keep in mind what I said.

I knew that about Moiraine already planning on taking her leave. It disturbed me that so many people are leaving as of late I was, I guess, too quick with my judgement and I apologize for it Dio, I'm sorry about my quick judgement

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Magical advisor of MiLady Lioness
Old 10-10-2001, 07:11 PM   #46
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Cloudy and Saz, thanks. Don't worry, I am not running off yet. I intended to wait until she responded in the affirmative first Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Dio, Moiraine is not even online right now, so she obviously can't answer you, and besides, it is probably best if she takes a couple of days off - after all, she is a hot-tempered and temperamental Southern French gal who needs a little time to calm down ...

But however she decides, I can only second Sazerac on that that shouldn't influence your decision in the slightest - and thank you very much for possessing the class and courtesy to apologize.

And once again, don't worry, she will be back eventually ... this German kobold can be just as stubborn as our beloved French gnome !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-10-2001, 07:15 PM   #47
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
I knew that about Moiraine already planning on taking her leave. It disturbed me that so many people are leaving as of late I was, I guess, too quick with my judgement and I apologize for it Dio, I'm sorry about my quick judgement

No problem, friend.

Everyone's nerves have been on edge lately. I am certainly no exception to that.

Old 10-11-2001, 12:34 AM   #48
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
*Sigh* I do hope she will return or that she will reconsider and not leave at all, by the way, does anyone know why Moni left? And whether it's temporary or not.
I really wish Moni would come back! Although we usually didn't get along, she was one of my favorites to argue with...::sighs::

If you email me, I will give you more details of her leaving. I think it would be better that way.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-11-2001, 12:38 AM   #49
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
I really wish Moni would come back! Although we usually didn't get along, she was one of my favorites to argue with...::sighs::

If you email me, I will give you more details of her leaving. I think it would be better that way.

moni is back, FYI, with a nicy touchy poem too...

Old 10-11-2001, 03:04 AM   #50
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hmm...

Don't leave man! Stay here and be with us!!! Z man has created a new forum now... and some of the stress will be or most of it, will be there already... and you are in NO WAY hurting or whatever to someone... because if you are, then maybe we all are...

So please, hear our pleas... DON'T LEAVE... please?

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.