Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2001, 09:05 AM   #21
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
ROFL!!! I should put this in notepad so I can just cut/paste. HEHEHEHE

Sorry. I just get asked that alot.

Anyhew...several years ago I used to be part of an organization called the SCA(Society for Creative Anachronism, a medeival re-creationist group). I went by the name Raven, and sometimes Bronwyn(Gaelic for Raven). I have a bit of a fetish for Ravens. For about two years, I was an apprentice falconer, and had the privelage of rehabilitating and then flying a Raven. Sooooo...*back on track*...not long after, when I discovered the Net, I used Raven. But it was a really common name...that, and I was always getting mistaken for a woman, for some reason. I got rather tired of invites to cyber, mostly from sweaty palmed pre-pubers. So I changed it to Night Raven(I'm very much a night person). That would occasionally be taken, so, in an effort to be unique, I combined it to one word, went to an online dictionary, and translated it into German(I'm half German by ancestry). And, to make it even more confusing, I used a very old spelling of Raven(Rafe). The modern word is Rabe. Long winded, I know, but I hope that explains it.

That's fascinating. I love that sort of info. Bronwyn is Welsh female name, isn't it? Maybe that is why the mistake!? It must have been really great to handle real Ravens - magnificent birds!
I got to handle a real, live snake for the first time in my life about a month ago - something I have always wanted to do. It was amazing. So soft and silky - like heavy milk pouring across my shoulders and down my arms. Cool, smooth, dry and wonderful.

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 09:05 AM   #22
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
I am sitting here listening to my radio and just heard a story that made me physically ill.

A man in NYC, apparently one of the lucky ones who made it out of the WTC was down near the area, watching the rescue efforts. He noticed people taking pictures and grabbing up chunks of rubble and stuffing them into bags.

When he approached one of the men doing this and asked what was going on, he was shocked to hear the answer.

"Oh, I'm going to sell this stuff on E-Bay. It'll be worth a mint."

The man was so offended he punched the other guy out!

I heard this and was just stunned. I absolutely cant believe the level of scumminess that some people will resort to.

Nachtrafe...*Sad and sorry*

Hey I agree with the guy, I would have punched him out too oh wait..you ment the scumminess of the ebay guy

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-14-2001, 09:10 AM   #23
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:

Very fine sig Slacker. Wish I had thought of it

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 09:16 AM   #24
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Ummm.... "he"????

LMAO!!!!

Did you, by any chance, mean....'she'?

OMG You mean Flots is a she?? err Ummmmm knew she was older than the rest of us, but I thought he err she was just a crotchety old guy well heck Im sorry Flots, had I known your posts would have made more sense to me and I would have phrased most of my replies to you differently, My apologies Madam!

Yes call me a sexist, but I was raised to treat women with more...courtesy than guys. Where I grew up it was ok to be all testosteroni when mano v mano but not when when talking to ladies.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-14-2001).]

Old 09-14-2001, 09:52 AM   #25
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I was expecting this to happen. Quite frankly, I was hopping that the government or the city of NY would be the ones to put it on E-bay to raise funds to relieve pain from the victims familly... not for some stupid capitalist gain. After all, that's what got us here on the first place.

Two thumbs up for the guy that knock him out

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 10:11 AM   #26
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
That's fascinating. I love that sort of info. Bronwyn is Welsh female name, isn't it? Maybe that is why the mistake!? It must have been really great to handle real Ravens - magnificent birds!
I got to handle a real, live snake for the first time in my life about a month ago - something I have always wanted to do. It was amazing. So soft and silky - like heavy milk pouring across my shoulders and down my arms. Cool, smooth, dry and wonderful.

Hmmm...didn't know that about Bronwyn. In Gaelic its gender neutral. Hmmm...maybe that explains some of the looks I got from some of the older SCAdians. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...*rubs chin thoughtfully*

Yeah...the Raven was awesome. And she was really smart too. She picked up on her lessons right away, and was an even better hunter than the Red-Tailed hawk I also flew. Unfortunately, when I moved, I had to leave her the my Falconer master. I didn't have the necessary money to continue my studies, and/or transport her. Its funny. Serving her, healing her, and flying her is some of the hardest, most thankless work I've ever done in my whole life, but, if I had the opportunity to do it again, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Ummm...not so fond of snakes myself. I'll leave them all to you luv.

Heading to bed all. Take care, and have a good night/day, wherever you may be.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 09-14-2001, 10:29 AM   #27
Fljotsdale

G'Night, NightRaven! Sleep well!

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 03:05 PM   #28
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Two thumbs up for the guy that knock him out
I was always told this forum was supposed to discourage aggressiveness in members...

Old 09-14-2001, 03:07 PM   #29
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I can understand the guy that punched him out.
Old 09-14-2001, 03:12 PM   #30
Kaz

I agree, that is very horrible. I mean, that is so insensitive. BTW, In Berlin they sell pieces of the Wall to tourists for a lot of money. I've often wondered how the people who lived in East Berlin or the family and friends of someone who died trying to escape over the Wall feel about this... but it's not nearly as extreme as THIS. I mean, only DAYS after the WTC was destroyed! And saying it to a guy who survived that! I must say, the guy deserved to be punched.

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe