Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 08:14 PM   #121
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (He hesitates, then steps through the portal, Eliza right behind him. They arrive in the longhouse, and he meets Greentunic's glare.) "Greetings. You must be the leader of the druids. I am Sir Blandamour, and this is my esquire, the Princess Eliza. I see by your countenance that you bear me no love, and I could bring complaint against you and yours, also. But, that is not the reason that we are here. Your son has told us that your daughter, his sister lies stricken with a wound dealt by my blade. Now, the blow was in fair fight not of my choosing, but though I do not regret it, I cannot let a young girl suffer so, be she foe or not. If you show her to me, I shall heal her, if that is her fate."

GREENTUNIC (visibly shaken) "Well spoken, Sir Knight. If you can heal the hurt you dealt her, I shall hold you blameless in all of this." (Goes to Diana's bedside, and shows the knight her dressing, stained with blood, which he gently removes. He then looks at Blandamour for instructions.)

SIR BLANDAMOUR (He studies the wound grimly, recognizing it as his own. Carefully, not to alarm anyone, he draws Cold Iron from its scabbard. As soon as it is drawn, all see the kinship in the white glow that surrounds it to that around the girl. He takes the hilt in both hands, kisses it, and mutters a prayer to Torm. The pommel begins to blaze with light, but with warmth in place of the cold blueness. He touches the blazing gem to the wound, and with a snap!, it closes. The blue glow disapears, and the girl awakens with startled eyes.)
Old 07-04-2002, 08:19 PM   #122
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

DIANA (It seems as if she has been wandering in halls of freezing cold for weeks. She hears voices only vaguely, and recognizes them. Suddenly, there is a searing heat in her cold flank, and she awakens to warmth and her bed. She sees Greentunic, and is glad, but also recognises the face of those whom she had attacked.) "Father, what is all of this? Is our home taken? Have we fallen so far as to be hosting the Paladins?"
Old 07-04-2002, 08:20 PM   #123
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Isaura

Crouching by Diana's bedside, she had tentatively extended her hand towards her feeble form, wondering whether the contact will deal some deadly bolt of magical energy to herself. She had then heard Addison's cantations and sensed his disappearing act.

All alone with these druids, she suddenly felt vulnerable and strangely... sorrowful. True, Diana would be healed and probably, with lots of luck of course, the dragon would be slain. Good would triumph over evil, and yet... something was not quite right. With a heavy heart, she looked around aimlessly.

When her eyes chanced upon Greentunic's woeful expression, then darted to the mixture of hope and anxiety on Dolman's grubby face, the truth struck her then.

Family. This was kinship, love and every affection that any single living thing ought to feel. She had been deprived of it... no, that was not quite true. She had trampled on the warm regard of Raymond. And while Sorsha had in her childish frustration tried to hurl the responsibilities of the world on herself, she had turned against her.

My own sister. ~ Breathing was becoming rather difficult, with the room spinning around her ~ She was wrong, perhaps, to approach me in such a poorly executed form, but I never gave her a chance either, to get to know me better. ~ Feeling rather wretched, she walked towards the window and gazed out at the luscious greenery mocking her incessantly.

At the sound of speaking voices, she hurriedly turned around. Addison was back and conversing with Greentunic once more.

Perhaps there would be time to make amends, if the rest came this way too...
Old 07-05-2002, 12:06 AM   #124
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Kellen

The Steeplewood Forest

“A strange one, indeed, this lad,” Sylvas says humorously shaking his head at the slumbering elf.

“Quite so,” Belshon agrees and likewise shakes his head. “So disciplined when his hand holds a blade and such a child when it holds a bottle.”

“Quite strange,” Jasper says simply and his smile broadens as he joins in the head shaking. “Simply the most interesting friend we have made in quite some time.” His eyes sparkle as he turns to the others. “Well, we simply cannot leave him here in this state.”

“No, we cannot,” Belshon’s eyes gleam as well.

“He did manage to beat us in the game after all,” Sylvas adds, his own eyes glinting with amusement.

His eyes twinkling as he speaks, Jasper affects a serious manner that nearly reduces the others to fits of laughter. “Fortunately we have faced situations like this before,” he says in his best imitation of the adventurers he has met. “And with cool heads and a little luck we might just be able to get him through this. Aye! ‘tis a quest most noble, fitting matter for the instruments of bards to set to music.” Unable to contain himself any longer he bursts into peals of laughter which the other two immediately echo. Composing himself after a few minutes, the sprite replaces the mithral stopper in the bottle of dwarven spirits. “Fortunately, he left us enough to secure some help in moving him.” Handing the bottle to Sylvas he says, “Take this to one of the goat brothers and promise another bottle once he carries our friend safely to the spring.”

Sylvas flies swiftly off and returns after a few minutes followed by a young satyr. Greetings are quickly exchanged and the goat-legged creature lifts the sleeping elf and bears him to the place where dancing water springs from the stones and flows into a clear pool. The satyr lays the elf onto a mossy patch of earth and gladly receives the promised bottle of strong drink from Jasper. As the goat brother leaves, Belshon hurries to gather the other sprites who make their home near this spring, especially the younglings. Perhaps this strange new friend of theirs will make that same music with his blade for them once more.

ooc: Once he wakes up, Kellen will find himself surrounded by quite a few friendly, but exceedingly curious sprites of various ages.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:38 AM   #125
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- All I have to say is, thank god for chinese internet!! ^__^ although I probably won't be able to access it again, at least not for awhile..
IC- Skye strode into the fringe of the forest, and gave the castle a backwards glance. (OOC- I do believe our group finally made it to the castle..?) Setting her shoulders she turned back to the forest and strode on. She didn't trust that king, and she believed the others could deal with him. She wanted to find out some about the dragon, and the involvement of the forest dwellers. She smiled slightly to herself. Perhaps she may even get her memory back. Unslinging her harp, she started to play an elven tune softly to herself as she continued on through the forest.
OOC- Skye's going to go through the forest, around the castle towards the dragon's lair. she's hoping that she may find some information out before she reaches there. By the way, does the king have any relative that would be good at ruling? We can just finish off the king and the dragon, and life will be good.
Old 07-05-2002, 08:28 AM   #126
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>> Skye, I believe all the group are at the castle except Blandamour, Addison, Eliza, and Isaura, who are at the druid's Longhouse. IC>>
OLD HERMIT (To Skye) "Well, what have we here on this fine day? A prety lass, out for a stroll, I should say, but all dressed up for fighting. Is there something old Skua can do for ye today?"
Old 07-05-2002, 03:09 PM   #127
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (To Diana) "Well there is your Druidic gratitude! I made your wound, so I suppose that I should heal it, but that leaves unanswered your attack on myself and my esquire." (Turns to Greentunic)"Your treasure is restored to you, druid. Do you know of something that might repay it? Has the den of the dragon have any secrets that he would not like for us to know?"
Old 07-05-2002, 09:55 PM   #128
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
OOC>> Skye, I believe all the group are at the castle except Blandamour, Addison, Eliza, and Isaura, who are at the druid's Longhouse. IC>>
OLD HERMIT (To Skye) "Well, what have we here on this fine day? A pretty lass, out for a stroll, I should say, but all dressed up for fighting. Is there something old Skua can do for ye today?"
OOC- alrighty then, works for me. ^^ Also having my character break off will be helpful for when I'm not here, cuz I wont slow anyone down.
IC- Skye smiled at the old hermit. "Well, I was just looking for some musical inspiration. Also I might run into something that might make it start ticking up here again." She pointed to her head, a silly grin on her face. "You wouldn't know anything about the dragon near here that I could use to compose into a ballad, now would you? Or perhaps the forest, I like nature stories."
OOC- She's not a blade-bard for nothing.. ^^
Old 07-05-2002, 10:57 PM   #129
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As Attalus and Greentunic discuss the dragon, Addison sits down and removes his shoes. He pulls a small jar containing some type of ointment out of one of the larger pouches on his belt and begins applying it to the wounds on his feet and legs.

The Quicklings' blade had completely pierced his left foot and the pain was becoming intense. The stab wound to his right foot was less severe, but he also had several cuts on both legs.

The magic of the ointment brings instant relief from the pain and the wounds start to close as soon as the ointment is applied. Addison closes his eyes and savors the healing warmth spreading through his legs. His wounds aren't healed completely, but the pain is greatly reduced and he should be able to travel without any problem. Another application of the ointment later in the evening should finish the healing process completely.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:19 AM   #130
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OLD SKUA (To Skye) "Ah, the dragon! Big ol' worm, ain't he? Yeah, if you wanna sins a song about power and the beauty of flyin' free, blocking out the sun, an' lookin' for aybody that you might come across, he'd be your subject. Stick around, I'll give ye some o' my greens, and you may see him comin' out of his den over younder. But, we'll have to be hidden, and not move nary a bone, for he can see a cony twitch, he can, an' he'll be hungry."

GREENTUNIC (To Blandamour, slowly and sourly) "Aye, well, ye've proved a man of your word, so I should repay ye. The dragon's den has a back entrance, and it is hidden not a league from here. He doesn't use it, for it is too small. He used the quickling to guard it, but that shouldn't be a problem, now. OH, and the captive princess, not like yours" (he glances slyly at Eliza) "is chained right beside where he sleeps."
Closed Thread