Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
Olli Kalma

Information what I was doing before crash:
I saved before I entered into Brimlochs town.
In town I changed one of my member into assassin and sold stuff and took Bard training to two of my members and Ninja and Samurai to two other members.
I didn't stop any training.
In thieves guild my new assassin gains 5000 XP every time he walked in, cause the bug for Leprachaun guest. Guild chief keep saying that you where too late, other person found that item allready ( proof of Leprachaun ), but I award you still for 5000 XP. My assassin is 7th level member in that guild.
Also I enchant and blessed couple of items...

The Problem:
When I leave town and start adventure game just crash down and does nothing.
Music keeps playing but game is like snapshot of it!
Before I was having problems when I restore saved game many times in short time, ( killing some hard monster etc. ) but then the game just closed it self and returned into windows and didn't give any error message.

Now it gives errormessage:
Application Error: c:\...\deep6.exe
An integer divide by zero was encountered at address 004843ec

Other information:
I'm running game under Windows XP home edition version 2002, I have AMD Athlon XP +1700, 256Mt memory, Nvidia Geforce2 Ti 64Mb.
I didn't change any settings while I was in town and haven't install other programs into computer either.
Other saved games works well, but this ain't.
I haven't use any Patch for game.

What did I do wrong? Was it harmfull to take several levels to my assassin by entering thieves guild and get 5000 XP every time? Or did some strange thing appear when I enchant or blessed items?

Is there any solutions to my problem, it takes several hours to play that game again ( Anephas Shrine, hour in the town... ) or do I must install game again?
Old 11-11-2002, 07:05 PM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

It don't think anyhting you did could have caused it. Unless you saved and clicked the gate at the same time.

Does it happen, every time you try to load the Brimloch Save ??????
and....is that the only save, that freezes the game?????

What happens if you reboot your machine????
Old 11-11-2002, 11:15 PM   #3
the_young_one
Manshoon

I've experienced a few random hangs leaving Brimloch Roon - I personally suspect it is a memory overwrite problem caused when you do too many things in Brimloch Roon. I suggest you try some of the following:

1. If you are playing unpatched, make sure you have not equipped the vampire ring

2. Take your usual party and try to exit Brimloch Roon via the gate to Ishad N'Ha. If the game loads okay, save the game, then go back into Brimloch Roon and exit on the harbour side. (this normally works for me)

3. Leave your party members in the inn, and try taking a smaller party with one or two characters see if game will allow you to leave town. Then save a game while outside town, re-enter town and try to pick up other members and repeat.

Good luck
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 12:48 AM   #4
Olli Kalma

I entered into town ( the saved game was just next to Brimloch's gate )
and dropped all exept 1 person into Inn and take little solo adventure.
Well It worked well for that one person.
Then I take other among and it crashes again. No matter witch town gate I leave, into Isha'd Nha or into Sea...

I havn't try all possibles witch character causes the crach, but could it be that I invoke couple of Ankhs to gain intellect over 18? Can it be over 18, cause in guild you can't train it over 18.
Or the multiple entering into thieves guild to get 5000 Xp every time?

None of my char is wearing Vampire ring.
And I tryed it just now so it can't be for booting it.
And yes, it occured every time I reload it...

I'm going to school for now and get it on later...

[ 11-12-2002, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Olli Kalma ]
Old 11-12-2002, 03:35 AM   #5
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

24 is the maxiumum level, for 'Attributes'. (the stats that can be changed by using anhks) So that shouldn't be the problem.

I think, the_young_one, suggestion is the right approach. The only thing I would do differently is...add 1 memeber at a time.

If it does, turn out to be, 1 character....you might be able to use a character editor to change their stats.

[ 11-12-2002, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 11-12-2002, 05:07 AM   #6
Olli Kalma

Well I'll try it, but it's hard to say what should I edit then...
But I'll give it a shot!
Think that editor might found at Xignal's page...
Whis me a luck!

Yep! Took about half an minute to find that editor! Thanks to Rick Volberding !

Usually I don't like editing games for advantage It ruins the idea of the game, but this is different case.
Don't like to cheat either, only using some bugs to get some advantages...
Like those entering into guild to get Xp again for successed mission...
Well Only used to get moon magic into 7th level (bought from wizards guild), cause I'm going for big jorney and don't have time to enter into town to improve skills after I get levels...

Ok... I'm going!

[ 11-12-2002, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Olli Kalma ]
Old 11-12-2002, 05:23 AM   #7
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Was/Is it only 1 character, that is causing the game to freeze????

If so... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] ...let us know what you find out. It would be good to know exactly what happened...and then it could be added to either the 'Tech thread' or 'BEST TIPS'...in case someone else ever has the same problem.
Old 11-12-2002, 05:31 AM   #8
Olli Kalma

If you wait... let's say about 20 min I'll post my results here...
. ( after 10 minutes... )

I found the problem! It was my assassin. He wear Stone of Clover that is also the proof for Leprachaun.
I didn't know that it was cursed, until I take him out of town as solo and game crashed and I took look at his inventory and there it was cursed neclace!
It cost 10000 gold to remove it and when I leaved town for seacond time without Stone Of Clover, game worked like a dream!

I wanted to keep that by my self ( AC +2 much protections ) and when I entered into thieves guild, I changed that item into other ( like assassin's dagger )
to get mission accomplished without giving that item to guild master...

Now it's only worth for selling.

But this could be posted into some 'Tech Problems' post, it seems to be working at the same method as Vampiric Ring. It's so frustraded to seek promlem if you don't have any clue where to start.

Thank's to all who helped me. I can't wait to get playing again! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-12-2002, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Olli Kalma ]
Old 11-12-2002, 06:38 AM   #9
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

... ...I'm glad, we got that sorted out.

If it's not already posted, somewhere...it Will Be.

Now....On with the Game...
Old 11-12-2002, 12:42 PM   #10
the_young_one
Manshoon

Good to hear you've fixed the problem.

This is the first time I've heard that the stone of clover causes crash. Under normal situations, the stone of clover can be equipped by characters especially out of town. The problem "only" surfaces when you have the clover equipped and re-enter the thieves guild and try to take credit and keep item at the same time..one for the notebook lol
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote