Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
Olli Kalma

I talked some rat men north from Ishad N'ha at the Burned Out House.
There where some guild leader who gave me job to kill Raskalion.
Can't find Raskalion. Is he at the Stout Mines or where? I heard that you get some really good dagger from S.Mines too. It's paralyzing and poisoning and does up to 20 damage! My friend found that from Stout Mines after killing Stout King.
I killed that too but didn't found any dagger. and can't find Raskalion.
Do I have to finnish that mission before getting to assassin?
I have Assassin permit ( Got from Gorthius near Valeia )
does it be enought just gave him to rat men to get assassin?
Old 11-04-2002, 04:05 PM   #2
Mr Creosote
The Magister

spoiler

Once you have the "job" from to kill Raskallion you have to kill Rasakallion to complete the quest (the Assiassin scroll thing is irrelevant), then report back to the Ratkin guy and he'll give you the Assassin dagger as reward.
Then go to the Pawn shop in town and the char who has the dagger in their inventory will be offered promotion to Assassin. The downside is that if you accept then the dagger dissapears which is a shame as its about the best weapon in the game even though its 2nd weapon only.

One other thing, is that when you have the Assassin dagger you can invoke it and acquire the deathstrike skill which is very good, killing baddies with one hit.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 05:15 PM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes...

Raskalion is in the mines....very deep in the mines. (use your map...and alot of flags)
The Assassin's dagger is the reward you get from 'Scanthril', for killing him. If you need a walk-through....Try this... ...start at...#11.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:21 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And not only can you invoke the dagger to get deathstrike, if you sell it and buy it back, the deathstrike is recharged. So you can get up to level 12 deathstrike before becoming an assassin.

That is provided, of course, that you don't try to sell the dagger in the pawn shop...

[ 11-05-2002, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 01:50 AM   #5
Olli Kalma

I found that Raskalion thanks Packrat for walktrough!
I didn't know about Raskalion 'couse I killed Stoud King to get the Treasury Key... Now I seek out Raskalion and got two Keys!
Don't know, my friend must be wrong about, where he found that dagger and It must be Assassin Dagger...

Bungleau: ...So you can get up to level 12 deathstrike...
I presume that deathstrike is not trait like Evil Eye or Dodge etc...
It's skill? I'm right? Like sword skill, you can train it?
Well in that case I Invoke that dagger to all my warriors and as many time as my money let me do it!

It's shame to loose that nice dagger, just to become assassin...
Ain't there any way to prevent the lose of dagger? Can't I bought it back?
I read in some topic that some one had several assassin's. That means he/she had several daggers... Just want to wear that and hit some ruined creatures!

Scanthril can be so ?£$"@!# !
He gave me a mission to seek some stout, and I did. Then he said: Now you want your reward, don't you?... He continued that I can seek my reward north from
Old Burned House in the forest. Can't find anything! I have been wandering on that area for long time. Does he gave me any good artifact or does he just fool me?
Old 11-05-2002, 04:28 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The Assassin Dagger. You can decline the offer of becoming an Assassin. In this case, the dagger is yours - it will not be taken away but you won't be offered to become an Assassin again, too. The dagger survives Reset Adventures.
You can save the dagger if you aren't patched. Once the shopkeep begins to speak, go to your inventory and move the dagger to another (inactive) member of your party. In the other words, the same trick as the one with the genie lamp.
2. Raskallion without pain. You must know where the trolleys lead.
Left trolley: Leads (among others)
- to the control room of the first points on the right trolley.
Right trolley: It has two points. The first points divide the way between
- the way to the control room of the second points of the right trolley
- the way to the second points.
The second points divide the way between
- the way to the dragon ore
- the way to Raskallion.
When you enter Stout Mines for the first time, the points are set "to the second points" and "to the dragon ore". Therefore:
a) If you want the ore, do not touch the points. Repair the right trolley and go to the ore.
b) If you want Raskallion then
- Take the left trolley and switch the points. Now, the first points of the right trolley will send you to the control room of the second points.
- Take the right trolley and switch the points. Now the second points of the right trolley are set to Raskallion. We must switch the first points back so that we can go to the second points.
- Take the left trolley and switch the points back.
- Take the right trolley to Raskalloin.
In the other words, always keep in mind how you have set the points [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 05:07 AM   #7
Olli Kalma

Yes I turn the switches over and over again! Didn't know first what I was doing and take several time from saved game!
Then I just realised what to do ( mayby 2 litres of coffee and late gaming time 03.00 at night! helped me! )
and POW! There where Raskalion, now he's dead and I have Assassin dagger!
Just waiting to promote my samurai into assassin. Just couple of levels more...
Old 11-05-2002, 06:00 AM   #8
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Way to go....Olli...

That quest is very confusing....even with, the walk-through..
Old 11-05-2002, 06:19 AM   #9
Olli Kalma

I hate walktrought's, Prefer to solve my self...
Sometimes there's some puzzle that I can't figure out, and then I ask from forum or use some hint's and maps.
It's more enlarging experience when you just wander around and try to imagine what to do next!
Sure I use some walktroughts too... But I avoid 'em if I can [img]smile.gif[/img]

Example I just hit into Skull Castle just sailing trought the coast!
Some helps like how to create char. or modify them are extreamly important, If you like to survive from the game...
Old 11-05-2002, 07:17 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

In an UNPATCHED game, it is possible to switch the Assassin's Dagger from one character to another while they are becoming an assassin and thus keep the nice dagger. It is also possible to hack the dagger as well.

Treasure tends to be random in this game. In more difficult areas you tend to get better treasure, but there are only a few places where the treasure from a chest is pretty much the same from one player's game to another. You can always try saving your game before opening a chest to see if you like the treasure. If not, reload the game. Over all, I don't think it is really worth the time to do that but it is an option. If I recall correctly, Saz didn't find a Wizard's Dagger until his 4th game.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote