Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-24-2002, 12:52 PM   #1
mewp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where is the bag of holding? I noticed in the walkthrough it is mentioned in severed hand. But I have been through there over and over and I can't find it. It would really come in handy. I keep having to haul stuff out of Dorn's deep to get money and when I come back I have to kill the mushroom people and ettins all over again.
mewp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 02:19 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The bag of holding was added in the ToL expansion, and as far I as know it is only obtainable once you get into the ToL areas.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 03:54 PM   #3
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Methinks You've Been Mislead. The Only Bag Of Holding In The Severed Hand (From My Knowledge) Is The Jesters Bag Of Holding. It Conjurs A Random Item In Your Inventory Once A Day, But Doesn't Hold Anything.

Spoiler
_
_

_
_
_
_
_
From That bag I've Got Everything From Dead Cat's To 46 Potions Of Speed (All At Once)
Its A Really Good item!
Old 02-24-2002, 04:40 PM   #4
{DL}Everard[LDR]
Welcomed New User

the bag of holding is found on the goblin worg trainer, on the second or third level i forget which, and (in my opinion) the bag of holding isnt as good as sum may percieve it may be... it can be used once per day, and the items that it creates isnt that great, the best thing u can get is the oil of speed (but if i remember correctly it is cursed) so if u dont like getting cursed, the only items that u can get is dead cats (on rare occassion), potions of healing, and gems
{DL}Everard[LDR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 06:12 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Beaumanoir has it dead on. It's the JESTERS bag that is found in the Severed Hand. As for the random items it generates, some are useless like the dead cat, and others like the potions of speed or elven healing wine are VERY useful. It's actually a nice item, but not great.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 11:03 AM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

It can be more fun, though, when you start changing or adding to the items the bag will create. Since I have a cat I took away the dead cat (the poor little thing [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img] ), then added a generic key (that doesn't open any door [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] ), a charm person scroll, etc. I liked the Jester's Bag, I must admit.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote