Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2002, 03:47 AM   #11
Neuromancer
Manshoon

Ziroc wrote ( among other things [img]smile.gif[/img] ) : I hope you guys don't think I am a 'sell-out'.
Unexpected cash is the best. Still waiting to be shocked by gov. with a tax return check, though [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know (being a former webmaster) how time/money/nerves/sleeplack/coffee/(add your other poisons here [img]smile.gif[/img] ) consuming all that is. Anyway... I would do the same & good luck.

Neuro
Old 09-25-2002, 03:48 AM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by sageridder:
I think you did the right thing.It's not the name but the people I love.
Darn right! That is what this Forum is about, the PEOPLE! I did, seriously think about giving up the name.. Ironworks is like my child, just saying it.. it'll get some getting used to saying Escape Gaming.. (although, I AM used to saying TGE==The Great Escape [img]smile.gif[/img]

What I wanted to do was 'mesh' all my sites into one 'theme' (Escape). And when you're playing a PC game, you ARE infact 'Escaping' reality.. That's how I kinda put it all together..

Below are the "Top 10 names that didn't make it"
1.Chocogames [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] WHAT!?!?
2.Gamingcrackheads
3.WHERE THE HELL IS DRIZZT IN BG2?
4.Chocmasters Realm of Gaming [img]smile.gif[/img]
5.Platinumworks
6.Diamondworks
7.Titaniumworks (Light, yet strong?)
8.Trollkiller gaming
9.Rikards Dream (huh?!)
and 10........ Ironed working games (Nice and flat--no wrinkles!)

lol!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-25-2002, 03:55 AM   #13
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Damn... I guess Mitrilworks and Adamatiumworks are out too. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 04:01 AM   #14
Legolas
Jack Burton

"Hgou drife a haard barrgun, myster Ziiroc, hbut my country need hgour name..."

Hey, that's wonderful news [img]smile.gif[/img]
It'll take a while or me to get used to the name, but if they pay you $45.000 and we get a new chapter in the history of the site that's easily worth the effort [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 04:08 AM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

why do they want the "Ironworks Gaming" name? they made up a name like that and like it, and thus decided to stick with it ...?
Old 09-25-2002, 04:19 AM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

Congrats, Ziroc! Very good news. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 04:26 AM   #17
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

BTW, I am going to FINALLY buy a good Digital Camera--Check it out here:

http://www.canoneos.com/d60/index.html

It's the Canon D60 (A Digital Camera that is SLR--means you can change lenses)
and It's a 6.3 Mega Pixel sucker, with tons of options!!

I will finally get some good pic's of Choc and even the Wedding Present many of you put together for us! (The Framed Plaque) As soon as I get it, I'll snap a few pics of it!! (Check the features out on this D60). The Camera 'pack' includes the Camera housing, case and stuff for $2100--this does NOT include a lens. (I was kinda shocked), but a simple 25-85mm is cheap.. It works with non digital cameras as well (lenses wise).

So look for some amazing pics--6.3 megapixels is as NEAR to 35mm quality you can get. I saw a nice Nikon, but it was only 4.3 MP.

This is a Camera the pro's use, so I'll also be using it to take pic's for a 'textures' cd--say I shot a pic of brick--bring it into Photoshop, clean it up, fix it to where it can be 'tiled' and seamless, and then, in a 3D Modeling program, apply the brick texture, and bam, instant house wall!

It should pay for itself once I sell some texture cd's!! www.marlinstudios.com is a friend of mine, check out HIS texture cd's--a few 100 textures for $300! (That is actually a good price)--Movie studios like Pixal have bought cd's from him to use in Monsters Inc!

Anyway, check it out, it's a sweet camera!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-25-2002, 04:41 AM   #18
Legolas
Jack Burton

Nice one [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hey, is that Choc's Last Act of Defiance here in the top-left corner?
Old 09-25-2002, 05:01 AM   #19
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I think I speak for everyone who shares my views in saying: Ok, the names gonna change- who gives a ??
It isn`t the name that gives the atmosphere, but the fact that there are great members, and an excellent webmaster who chooses excellent moderators [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 05:02 AM   #20
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

hehe, I liked the "troll killer gaming" *snigger* erm, serioulsy, I think you did the right thing. A name is just a name right altho, I'm sure it'll take some getting used to the "new" name heh, I wonder, will Cloudy's Cafe still be around? *grins at the excuse to party an spa-post [img]smile.gif[/img] *