Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2001, 03:02 PM   #31
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She looks out the window expectantly, imagining plagues and arrows. One hand reaches upward to fiddle with the emerald dragon amulet around her neck. One eye nervously averts to Deiter, whispering.~ "Don't you hate it when the past comes back to haunt us?" ~She shudders, turning back to the window, trying to avoid a flood of memories.~
Old 11-06-2001, 03:10 PM   #32
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry had been observant of Kaz's attention to the letter she was reading, but had also noticed that Deiter and Spree were having a bit of converstation as well. Mistral was over near the kitchen, sweeping up the remants of the wood shavings that littered the floor.
Obviously, something was about to happen. Larry could feel the anticipation of adventure in the air. Before this day was through, another opportunity would present itself for Larry to set out on the road to possible death.

Yet, this time...he had a little more to lose than his own meager life. His future was now involving a certain lady...and that made adventuring into deadly Beholder lairs a tad bit less inviting.

Before Mistral would notice Larry staring at her, he turned back his attention to his new little pup, Chaos...who was busy gnawing on his boot.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-06-2001, 03:11 PM   #33
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

"Aye, that I do." He watched the people passing by the tavern; when he suddenly saw a face that he hadn't seen in years. Father...?

Khelver waved at Deiter to come out of the tavern and follow him. Then he started to walk away.

Whats going on? How is he here? Deiter ran out of the tavern after Khelver, before anyone could ask what was wrong.
Old 11-06-2001, 03:13 PM   #34
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry saw the look of surprise come over Deiter as he peered out of the window, but was too far away to see what had been seen or hear what Deiter had muttered. Turning to Spree, Larry looked to see if she had been looking at the same thing Deiter had.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-06-2001, 03:20 PM   #35
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

"Deiter?!" ~Without any motion to the other people in the tavern, she shoots out the door, running as hard as she could to catch up to Deiter. She yelled out between hoarse breaths.~ "Deiter?!"
Old 11-06-2001, 03:22 PM   #36
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz read what Zephyra had written. Underground, in North part of city. Reach through sewers. Follow me. The little creature looked expectantly at her. "Wait, just a moment. Let me get my things." Kaz silently walked back into the tavern. Everybody seemed busy, so no one noticed her arrival. Kaz grasped her robe and staff lying in a corner and then left quietly. Good to know my skills haven't left me completely, she thought grimly. Outside she put on the robe and grasped the staff, becoming invisible. "Okay, let's go," she said softly. The homunculus flew up, Kaz followed. Aerynkoryk perched on her shoulder.
Old 11-06-2001, 03:32 PM   #37
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter was wrapped up in too many emotions to hear Chani as he ran after his father.

Khelver turned to see if Deiter was still following him. Seeing that he was, he headed for a building near the city gates.

He saw his father stop outside a building and walk in. Before he went after Khelver he stopped Something isn't right about this... Deiter was about to turn back when Gelvin walked outside.

"Hello, Deiter...."

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]

Old 11-06-2001, 03:49 PM   #38
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb and Dahr had been thinking about a way to escape for hours when suddenly a small ray of light hid Neb's face, he looked upwards to see light shining through a hole in the ceiling of their cell, it moved quickly, so he reasoned that it had to be a guard carrying a torch or lantern that was marching past in a tunnel above them, Neb got an idea, "Dahr," he said, "Could you try lifting me on your shoulders? I think there may be a hole in the ceiling." Dahr, looking hopeful, agreed to this and lifted Neb who stretched as far as he could, trying to reach the ceiling, he managed, just barely to reach it, he could feel that a few of the stones were loose, by poking them repeatedly he made one of the fall down, the insect creature, caught it before it could hit the ground and shatter, then it stood up in front of Neb, it was a head higher than him and had four arms, it spoke to him in common, though obviously not easily, "Hello, human, I be Xixachitl, from far east, me and friend Dahr lift you through hole, you get help? Free us?" Neb nodded and said, "Yes, Xixachitl, if you and Dahr help me through the hole I shall do my utmost to free you." "Then it deal," said the insect creature and grabbed hold of Neb's waist with all four of it's arms, lifting him onto Dahr's shoulders again.

About an hour of working and they managed to remove enough stones for Neb to fit through the hole, and for anyone passing by above to easily notice it, Xixachitl and Dahr almost threw Neb through the hole and he landed on the stones of the passage above, he lay absolutely still in the darkness that surrounded him, listening for the slightest sound of movement that might alert him to a nearby enemy, satisfied that he could hear none he chose to turn right, he did this since the darkness seemed slightly lighter in that direction.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:02 PM   #39
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She skids to a stop, out of breath. She steps beside Deiter, making sure no door would close or trap would spring to keep her out. She swallows, catching her breath. She looks from the wood-elf to Deiter. Her hand reaches instinctively for her sword. She whispers hoarsely to Deiter, daring not to move her gaze from the wood-elf.~ "Is this who I presume it is?" ~Her eyes flash a brilliant bit of rage.~ "And if so, may I take this sword and pummel it through his un-just innards?"
Old 11-06-2001, 04:33 PM   #40
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turning to see if Mistral had seen the commotion of Deiter leaving, he saw that she had stooped down behind the counter and had not seen. Turning back to Spree to ask her what was going on, Larry saw that she had ran after Deiter, and since Larry did not have on his boots of speed at the moment, he could not hope to catch up to her in time. Turning at a strange feeling behind him, he realized that Kaz had disappeared. Looking outside, he saw nothing. Running into the next room, he saw that Sephi and his lady-friend was still there, oblivious to any trouble. Runnig back into the kitchen to find Mistral, Larry stated to her:

"Something is going on all around us, and I have missed it! My chance at adventure is lost for this day..."

Sadly, Larry recounted the past few moments to Mistral and all the strange happenings.