Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-06-2001, 08:49 AM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb walked without noticing the hidden figures that followed him, he was deep in thought about the days when he had adventured with his friends, suddenly he felt a stinging pain in the back of his neck, he felt with his hand to see what was causing the pain, expecting to feel the swelling of a beesting he was quite surprised when he removed a dart from his neck, suddenly his vision started to go blurry and his strength dissapeared, he was rapidly slipping into unconsciousness, the last thing he saw before collapsing was three cloaked figures who advanced on him, weapons drawn, his last thought was that he had to defend himself, somehow will himself into bringing up his quarterstaff to parry any attacks.

The three men watched as the sorcerer collapsed and sheathed their weapons, one of them picked up Neb, slinging him over his shoulder, he stared at the air directly in front of him for several seconds, his brow knitting with concentration as if he was trying to will something into being, suddenly a hole appeared in space in front of him, what could be seen through the hole looked like a temple of some sort, the three men stepped through, bringing Neb along.

(OOC: Neb has been captured by the members of a cult who worship an evil mind flayer demi-god, they bring him the brains of wild talents, psionics and people with unusual mental conditions or thought patterns, he then rewards them with psionic, magical or clerical powers, the temple is located underground, near Athkatla.)
Old 11-06-2001, 09:22 AM   #12
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Looks like I finally found that fool...The wood elf put a little blue glowing object up in one of his pockets. Now whos that half elf with him? Ah no matter, all will be settled soon enough. The elf went off towards the city gates, thinking on things he was going to to that..... half elf.

Deiter stared at the spot where the man had been standing at just a second ago. It couldn't be...could it? He looked over at Chani's confused face."Its a long story..."

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]

Old 11-06-2001, 09:49 AM   #13
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Ack, it takes 15 mins just to get into the post reply page Can someone drag my character along after this? I'm going to bed soon. G'nite all! )

She nods, grinning at him ~ "I've been behaving so weirdly this whole day that everyone's probably thinking I'm mentally deranged." ~

Together, they exit from the room to face their friends once more.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 11-06-2001, 10:07 AM   #14
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz blinked. She'd been trying to apologize to Aerynkoryk, who was very angry at her for leaving him. She must've lapsed into unconsciousness for a few minutes. Aerynkoryk? Are you still there? she asked silently. The raven's reply made her wince. Obviously, he hadn't competely forgiven her yet.
She walked towards the newcomer. "Good day, Jaclyn, I am Kaz," she said, finally letting her hood drop to her shoulders. Her altered appearance was painfully obvious, with her hair only reaching her earlobes and her eyes gray instead of the dark green they looked normally.
Suddenly her familiar's mental barrage stopped. Zephyra is bringing you a message. She is highly agitated. Kaz stopped and said, "Excuse me for a moment, I'll be right back." She left the building, searching the skies. Zephyra flew towards her, clutching a piece of parchment. Kaz, thanking Neb's familiar, took the parchment and unrolled it, frowning.

OOC: Sorry, I should be leaving for a dentist appointment in... minus one minutes. I'll be back as soon as possible.
Old 11-06-2001, 10:24 AM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>
ok...we have two sub-plots happening at the same time. Neb and Deiter. We need to ooc coordinate which one to do first, or who will do which plot. We can divide up again, which may be easier, and less confusing. What do you say???

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-06-2001, 10:36 AM   #16
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: I think it would be easier if we divide up. Which ever you guys want to do.
Old 11-06-2001, 10:55 AM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb awoke to a painful headache and something probing his head with it's fingers, he heard a voice say, "Excellent, you've done well, our master will surely reward you well for this fine specimen." There was something inhuman about that voice which Neb couldn't really place, he tried to move and discovered that he was paralyzed, he could only move his head, he looked around and discovered himself to be lying on the floor of what appeared to be a small chapel, decorated with symbols of a god that he didn't know, but just looking at them made him shiver, the voice spoke again, "Ahhhh, it awakens, it is stronger than we had thought, he will make an excellent meal for our master." Neb suddenly realized one of the main reasons the voice sounded so inhuman, he wasn't actually hearing it, it just appeared within his brain without passing through his ears first, a black-clad figure stepped in front of him and bent down to examine him, "He dosen't look too bad, the poison must have been weak." this one spoke normally and Neb was glad to see that it was a human, then the other speaker bent over him and he shuddered in fear(Or at least as much as he could when he was paralyzed.), one of his captors was a mind flayer, the creature twitched it's tentacles then spoke, communicating telepathically, "Throw him into the cells with the others, the master shall feed upon him in five days time, today he shall feed upon the Drow prisoner you captured yesterday, and bring me that red-haired human slave from cell #4, I hunger." The black-clad human nodded and the mind flayer departed by teleporting away, Neb examined him, he looked like an assasin, but even the assasins wouldn't work together with mind flayers, would they?

The man turned back to Neb and said, "Time for you to sleep again." and jabbed him in the arm with a dart similar to the one that had hit Neb when he was captured, black, with blue feathers, Neb felt the poison make him unconscious as the man slung him over his shoulder and started walking down a corridor leading away from the chapel.
Old 11-06-2001, 11:44 AM   #18
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

The elf went into a empty building near the city gates. Pulling out some maps he placed them on a small table. Lets see....if-- His thoughts were broken as a short human came stomping in. "Whats the meaning of this Gelvin? You didn't tell us that the half elf would have companions!" "What are you talking about? All I've seen was the other half elf with him, and she won't be a problem." The human began to mutter about stupid elves then glared at Gelvin. "My men have been watching him for the past few days...have you even thought to look inside that tavern he's been working on?" "No, but I doubt he's got that many people on his side." This isn't sounding good....hell I might have to change my plans The human went over to the door of the room and started to leave. "And just where do you think you're going?" "Leaving thats where. And another thing...oh great wood elf I QUIT!" With that said, the human slammed the door shut and went off. Gelvin glared at the shut door then put his maps up. Now I have to change my plans...great...

ooc: We can go ahead and do Neb's sub-plot if you guys want. Gelvin is kind of in a jam at the moment. Or if you guys want to go ahead and do both at the smae time thats fine.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]

Old 11-06-2001, 11:53 AM   #19
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Killing Spree, what ever happened to Maverick btw?
Kaz read the letter and winced.
Dear Kaz

I am leaving, probably permanently, I do this because it would no longer be safe for you or your friends if I stayed with you for there are many who seek my death and I would not wish to see you or your friends dead or wounded for my sake, do not attempt to follow me, you will only be endangering yourself, I hope to be able to return but it is seems very improbable that I will, may you find happyness and peace with someone, someday.

Neb.

"Zephyra, what happened?" Kaz asked. "Why is he doing this?" The homunculus shook her head. "Please, you know I don't want to hurt Neb. I want to help him." Aerynkoryk cawed. I think she believes that you should stay out of danger like Neb told you. Kaz glared. "I am not going to do whatever people tell me. I thought he'd noticed that I do not care much about my life right now. Zephyra, is Neb in danger?" The little creature flapped her wings nervously, then nodded. Kaz bit her lip. "Where is he?" Zephyra seemed to consider, then reached for a quill she had strapped to her back. Kaz gave her the parchment and waited.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:05 PM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>
Thanks Deiter. Now, let's see if we can keep everything running smoothly. By the way...how can we go save Neb?

Larry and Mistral go about tidying up the place, as the main work was almost complete. Sephi and his girl-friend were seemingly glad to be resting, and off their feet at the moment, and Detier and Spree were exchanging nervous glances at each other as they were peering out of the window, seemingly watching for something.
When Larry inquired as to why they were watching for Santa so early, Deiter explained all that he knew concerning a strange man running around their building, only to disappear as quickly as he had come.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]