Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

that is right people...

NWN Patch 1.67 Final is out!

which means...

CEP 2.0 will not be far behind!

and therefore...

THE LATEST EDITION OF THE UNDERMOUNTAIN IS COMING!!!

(yes, I am a happy man.)

We still have to wait (those of us who play in the online module hosted here) until Ziroc gives us the heads up. Still, I can afford to be patient. After all, we waited this long for Bioware to get their stuff finished off, right?

http://nwn.bioware.com/players/167/
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

...and apparently broken. The sharks aren't showing up in the toolset, even though they are listed, nor is the trident.

Edit: We are having major league difficulties trying to get the new content into an existing module. Is there something relatively simplistic that we are missing? Most of the time, with a new patch, the resources are just there. Doesn't seem to be the case, this time. Works fine in new modules, by the way, but weren't there supposed to be some tilesets included in the patch?

[ 04-26-2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: robertthebard ]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Extra bonus download which has to be done separately, perhaps? I know there is an *.Exe file that I picked up which had "bonus tilesets and module" labeled on it. I have not even tried to run the file yet, as I am not upgrading to 1.67 until after Ziroc does it to the online module. If you have trouble finding the file, let me know. I will wire you a copy of it.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It won't add the content that is included into a cep module. At least, that is what we have found so far. We can add the creatures to a module that doesn't have cep installed, but on a module with it, it's seemingly not compatible.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Maybe it is the order that the hak files have to be installed has to be redone? I am not sure, as I am not a module creator. Something else that came to mind is that you may have to redo some of the work from the ground up again - a frightful thought. As far as I knew, everything was just supposed to slide into place - something you stated all the other updates have done. My worry now is that with your admissions, all the hard work done by those using CEP files will be undone because of a coding issue. Does this mean all the CEP files may have to be renumbered? (I think it was called buffing the files or something to that effect.) I know they were delaying the release of CEP version 2.0 until patch 1.67 came out because they were worried about conflict issues. Looks like the CEP team was right.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, it's probably something along those lines. In the meantime, we wait. Another surprise, although I'm not sure why, is that the area tilesets were hak files, instead of being included in the base patch, or as an extra patch. I suppose it was done to cut down on the overall file size of the patch, and to make it so that it's not required to play in custom modules, unless the creator added them.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

True enough. All about the weight sometimes.

I remember there were arguements about the Diablo modules having hak files so large people were unwilling (or unable) to download them. For those who have no need of the new tilesets, I can see why they would have them as a separate download. It also allows for people who have modules on the go to choose whether or not they want those extra tilesets around. Perhaps it was suggested to them during the Beta testing? As I have never seen Bioware do that before.