Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2003, 01:19 PM   #1
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I havent played this for a while. Where can I find it? I thought it was in the sewer where you also get the +3 Lilacor, but I done everything down there and cant find it.
Sorcerer Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:25 PM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

*SPOILER*

Try the sewers in the temple district. It's slap bang in the middle [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 02:40 PM   #3
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

---Spoiler---

It's on the Rakshasa in the middle of the Athkatla sewers.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:36 PM   #4
madjim
The Magister

Question Mark

It ain't really all that hot though.

Bow to the meow
madjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 08:41 PM   #5
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

1). Trolls regenerate, and if the enemy cant use fire/acid, you cant die.
2). Mustard Jellies have great protections.
3). Rat's are horrible.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:24 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hey that cloak saved me hundreds to time turning into a troll and heal myself in 30 seconds or so. its great for backup protection (+1 to ac also). it is only the rat transformation i do not really understand. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:45 AM   #7
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrenk:
1). Trolls regenerate, and if the enemy cant use fire/acid, you cant die.
2). Mustard Jellies have great protections.
3). Rat's are horrible.
I'm not sure but I don't think the cloak's Troll form function exactly like a real Troll. I think you can indeed be killed normally.

Mustard Jellies have immunity to missile attacks but their other protections are not very useful. They are not nearly immune to magic.

Rats have 90% Physical Resistance which makes it a great choice when you simply have to soak up damage. It has saved me many times when I fought against Assassins while lacking the ability to detect them.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:53 AM   #8
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks Rataxes, I knew the rat form must have *some* usefulness.

as for the troll, yeh I tried it when I was clearing out the smugglers solo. It has great regeneration but the enemy doesn't need fire or acid to kill you.
I tried just standing there in the middle of em all to see what would happen. I died.

Other than that, I think CotS is one of the best cloaks in the game. If nothing else, its a +1 AC that stacks with magic armour
Old 01-08-2003, 04:34 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

One of the best defensive items out there. If you're half dead, you can't get Regeneration much faster than as a Troll, your Mustard Jelly form can just sit there and giggle at any Mage or Lich you want (unless they can cast Imprisonment, that is), and sending a Rat to go fight a Dragon is great fun--and surprisingly effective.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:41 PM   #10
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

I've never noticed the great magical protections that a Mustard Jelly is supposed to have, I've tried him out a few times vs mages and he's never lasted long at all. Furthermore, whenever I've checked out his resistances in this form, he *only* has 10% MR, 50% Magic Cold, some other minor resistances, and 100% Missile dmg.