Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

I was searching my drive looking for missing drive space and when I did a check properties of the Neverwinter folder it was a whopping 10.4GB OMG!!

If I recall it started out at around 3-4GB with a full install of NWN Diamond edition with the premium modules.

Maybe I should delete the saved games from the OC and SoU, lol, I'm in the underdark on HotU now. Maybe that would help... LOL
Old 04-24-2006, 01:31 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

I'm at 17 GB in 28000 files in 4500 folders, and can still find all the relevant bits in a flash.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:26 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

My NWN folder is 5.26 GB and 997 files. But then again, I tend to delete mods I've finished.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:41 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Mine's also around 5.26 gig, but I'd just deleted about 20 saved games of various experimental chars in all three OC's. I don't get that either, because I have a complete online world in my files. No saved games in it though, and it's a large world.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

I'm about to reformat, ghost OS back and reinstall just HotU (if I can do that).

If I save the last few gaves in the save directory will they work when I reinstall? How do I go about backing up my character saves and a few saved games.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You'll have to install the whole game. You can't install just the expansions. You can back the saved games, char files up to a cd, assuming you can burn cd's. Just open the NWN directory with Windows Explorer, if you're using Windows, anyway, select the saved game file, and the local vault char file. That will save both. Then after you reinstall the game, and patch it back up, you can simply copy the contents of both files into the appropriate files.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

That's Robthebard, I had Nero open and a blank in waiting for a reponse, and as always you are right on time.

I just going to copy a few of the save folders, and all of the character saves.