Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I recently began playing this again, this time as a druid to see what happens in that mode. Well I decided to follow a drow scout who spots the team as it enters the Underdark. We fell into a cavern and low and behold, a creature out of the old Days of D&D: a moving cube of jelly that dissolves everything. No big hassle mind you but I never knew it was there. I like the Platimum helmet I found in the cavern as well, its great for wearing against bone golems.

Exiting the cavern drops you off at the entrance to the Dearings Deep so it seems to guide you in the right direction.

Few sub items, I did have deekin with me when I was teleported to the Underdark. I though the old Arch Mage sent him with you for a joke.

Also, I let someone be choosen in Dearings Deep to get the ball rooling. Everytime I tried electing myself as sacrifice the dumb computer program would lock-up just inside the castle. I though if I let someone be dragged in I would find them on the first level in a prison cage. So far zip on the rescue, and I am already fighting the elders in the lower level.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
bakrus
The Magister

HMM I have never seen those jelly cubes in NWN at all... hmm where exectly did you encounter this one?
Old 04-15-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

They're in Hordes of the Underdark. It's one of the enemy types they added in that expansion pack.

[ 04-15-2006, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 04-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirror Image:

Also, I let someone be choosen in Dearings Deep to get the ball rooling....I though if I let someone be dragged in I would find them on the first level in a prison cage. So far zip on the rescue, and I am already fighting the elders in the lower level.
You offically sent someone to their death. LOL, did yo take an alignment hit?

Oh, I ran into the Jelly Cubes too, I must have been immune to them since they swallowed my fighter/rogue

Warning (might be considered a) spoiler:
(he did have a searing light suit on) and he killed it from the inside, go figure.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Follow the drow into the area of wholes and you just drop in. Cute animation watching the drow tell you your going to fail and then get hit by the jelly.

No alignment hit I could see, as it is if I gave my self instead of the victim the computer would freeze so I had very little choice.

Took a worse hit when I betrayed the drow maytron mother's daughter.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote