Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-01-2002, 10:21 PM   #1
Balhifet
The Magister

I thought IWD2 happened before Drizzt was born? That must mean that IWD2 happened before BG took place leading to the thought that BG2 is after IWD2.

Now here comes the complication, Weimer's Merchant mod adds Ribald Barterman, a merchant in a famous mart in BG2, in Conlan's house. He sells weapons that existed in BG2 like The Equalizer, Jaheira's Pin and much more. The history of the items always include adventures of the Bhaalspawn. The Bhaalspawn, existed after IWD2. When you ask the merchant how he got there, he would say that after the Bhaalspawn left no people in Amn is interested in war no more so he traveled North to Kuldahar.

Now, how did that happen?! Someone please provide me an explanation. Anything would be helpful and appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AM I LONG-WINDED OR WHAT?!
Old 11-01-2002, 10:38 PM   #2
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Wasnt Ribald a sorcerer or a wizard as well as a fighter class of some kind? He's probably 1/8th dragon. Im sure it happens a lot where he's from and it probably accounts for his long life. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
Balhifet
The Magister

He's an elf. Even though he has a long life, he cant sell those things because those items are going to be assembled and forged together in the future by the Bhaalspawn (the main character in BG2:SoA) or be invented by an NPC,given to the NPC as a reward or named after some of the NPCs.

I am a very troubled player.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:11 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

A Chronomancer i'm thinkin hehe
But more than that, who the hell would give up that tropical Amnish climate for the icey winds of the Spine of the World? To think he upped and left the Adventurers Mart and travelled all this way just to be there for our chars. Cheers Ribby! (can we say that - Ribby?)
Old 11-02-2002, 06:38 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

yes its very strange. it's more strange that it's an official patch
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 07:08 AM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Am I right?? or it's a custom mode??? (ribald selling baldurs gate2 items)
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Old 11-02-2002, 07:16 AM   #7
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Ohh, and Balhifet, IWD 2 takes place before Drizzt comes to the surface, not before he was born. It is set before Wulfgar is born if thats what you were thinking of.
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:44 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I thought Ribald was a custom mod myself, since he's selling BG gear, and the readme says the stuff was carefully translated to 3rd ed. I just wish I'd installed that much earlier than I did, as he has some really nifty stuff for early in the game. Of course, the prices are rather nifty, too. The only thing lacking in his merchandise is a really good axe. My dwarf was quite disappointed about it.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:58 PM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

His gear is over rated overpowered. Using these equipment will ruin the defaultitems ofiwd inmyopinion.iuninstalledit
Old 11-02-2002, 04:08 PM   #10
Nightowl2
Galvatron

If something is overpowered, it can't be overrated at the same time

As it is, I like the items myself. Good stuff early isn't to everyone's taste, though, which is why it's optional.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote