Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-1999, 11:16 PM   #1
Mike

I killed Marek when I ran across him, I took the antidote off him. Later I ran into Lothander, who told me I was poisoned. I got the geas scroll from the Water Queen, met Lothander who gave me his half of the antidote, and he told me I needed to see Marek, (who I had killed earlier) I went to the place I was supposed to see Marek just in case, but no Marek. I drank Marek's antidote sharing it with the party, only to receive repeated mesages that my party was getting sick, and that only Lothander had the cure. Lothander is gone, Marek is gone, I drank the antidote and continued to play the game. I tried everything I could think of. I went to temples and paid for cure poison, used antidotes, protection form poison scrolls, protection form poison spells, all to no avail. I watched my party die, in one fell swoop, and as far as I know I did everything right. I don't know if there is a way to re-create Marek's potion, I don't know what I was supposed to do. I can't believe how far back I have to go to find a safe save that I can play through. This seems like a serious flaw in the gameplay. Drinking Marek's antidote should have gotten rid of the poison. The game acts like I never drank the antidote. What's up? I could really use some help. You guys have got a great site. I hope you can help me out. Thanks
Old 11-26-1999, 12:55 AM   #2
Marx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ahh.. I did the excact same thing first time I played the game.. I bet I spent like 20 hours trying to find a way out..but sadly, if U killed Maek, you have to load the game from a point previous to that.. (Since I only use the quicksave-slot I had to start over again, so i guess U are luckier)..
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote