Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2002, 01:03 PM   #1
jcompton
Elminster

The Dungeon-Be-Gone mod has been released.

http://www.forgottenwars.net/dbg/

It's an Irenicus Dungeon (aka Chez/Chateau Irenicus) skipper. No, it's not RIDE.

For those times when your new game falters under the weighty trail of playing... *that* dungeon - again.

What is Dungeon-Be-Gone?:

- A shortcut through Irenicus' Dungeon. Merely talk to the guide that appears shortly after your character is released, and you'll have several options.

- You also get a hopefully entertaining NPC guide to take you through, and he even has voicing. (Why? Because we can.)

Take Note:

- This MOD is rather silly, and also skips all the story elements and such just to get you to the end faster. This is aimed for those who have played the game so many times that Irenicus' dungeon has become more painful than a root canal, and less interesting than a Valygar coffee mug. If silliness and/or 'cheating' offends you, then looks like you'll just be wresting long bows from goblins for a while.

More info on D-B-G and other mods at http://forums.forgottenwars.net
Old 10-05-2002, 01:22 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

OMG, it must be fun beeing talented in scripting and mod-creating.
Thanks for the link, jcompton, this is gonna be the most useful mod I've downloaded so far. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

BTW, speaking of mods, you know where I can find the Item Upgrade one? Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: When I try to download it, I get the 'Cannot find server'-error. Help?

[ 10-05-2002, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 01:37 PM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

One quick question what about the equipment that is in the Dungeon is it a different area now. Is there still access to it. Or does it needed to be cheated in. Becausse it would be so nice to skip that dungeon.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:44 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Silly? It is that "Would you sign my shirt?" and "I want to go to the Underdark!" mod!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:

BTW, speaking of mods, you know where I can find the Item Upgrade one? Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yes, I do.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:57 PM   #5
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
OMG, it must be fun beeing talented in scripting and mod-creating.
Credit where credit's due: this is the creation of Blue (Victoria Joyner), I just did the voicing, some bugfixing, and the announcing.

Quote:
EDIT: When I try to download it, I get the 'Cannot find server'-error. Help?
Sometimes 3DD is just a little touchy. Give it another chance.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:09 PM   #6
jcompton
Elminster

Mack: Your guide, Jasper St. Baird, will give you basically all of the good items down there. There are a few missing potions and such, but nothing major.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Silly? It is that "Would you sign my shirt?" and "I want to go to the Underdark!" mod!!!
No, although the two work together. This doesn't affect the CUTSCENE. As soon as Imoen releases you from your cage, a man appears offering to zap you through the dungeon. So you can release Jaheira and Minsc if you so choose, then talk to him, he will take you to Yoshimo if you want, and then to the exit where he gives you items, gold, and XP.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:05 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:

quote:

Yes, I do.[/QUOTE]Great, thanks a bunch. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2002, 06:17 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

[quote]Originally posted by jcompton:
Quote:
Little touchy? Little?

Still, if you avoid the american servers (Ive *never* gotten a succesful download from new york or texas, and damn seldom elsewhere) its not too terrible.

Isnt there somewhere reliable these things could be posted?

Still the mod itself sounds great. When my evil party gets to BG2 I'll be sure and download.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:23 PM   #9
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
quote:
Originally posted by jcompton:
Quote:
Little touchy? Little?

Still, if you avoid the american servers (Ive *never* gotten a succesful download from new york or texas, and damn seldom elsewhere) its not too terrible.

Still the mod itself sounds great. When my evil party gets to BG2 I'll be sure and download.
Well, it's the Finland-server that keeps crashing for me. Haven't even tried New York or Texas.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:16 AM   #10
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
quote:
Originally posted by jcompton:
Quote:
Little touchy? Little?

Okay, I know that 3DD is not everyone's friend, but...

- Since Kelsey's release in April, between all the versions and patches and such, it has served up in excess of 15,000 downloads. So it must be doing something right.

- We get it for free. There are not a heck of a lot of places to get free file hosting.

- We ARE working on adding more mirrors, it just sometimes takes a few days to get the word out to our friends and such.

Personally, I prefer working with 3DD to working with Fileplanet. Our files are published _instantly_ and I quite often get first-click DL access. No, not always, but sometimes.

BTW, Texas tends to be the best mirror for me.