Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2002, 02:49 PM   #1
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Or 'Destiny's Child' as they call themselves
(rant mode on)
Here's the deal, I saw their video to "Survivor" the other day, and I tell you, that thing should be bloody xxx-rated! (watches as all the male teenagers runs and puts on MTV )
But hey, that's nothing unusual these days, with the music videos getting more sexy by the day, but today I heard their latest song on the radio called "nasty girl" or something like that, anyway, it was about young girls who wears too little clothes (in Destiny's Child's view, that is) and how they were "nasty" and they shouldn't "leave their houses without their clothes on"..and I just went
I mean come on! One minute they're crawling around in the sand showing everything they got, and the next minute they're condemning others who do the same thing!
I mean, talk about double-standards! I'm surprised they got fans at all (no offense to anyone here who happen to like them)!
(rant mode off)
So what's your opinion? [img]smile.gif[/img]

And mind you, this is like the only thing I've talked about all day, my friends are getting mighty tired of me so I thought I'd turn to you guys and rant for awhile
Old 03-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
Or 'Destiny's Child' as they call themselves
(rant mode on)
Here's the deal, I saw their video to "Survivor" the other day, and I tell you, that thing should be bloody xxx-rated! (watches as all the male teenagers runs and puts on MTV )
But hey, that's nothing unusual these days, with the music videos getting more sexy by the day, but today I heard their latest song on the radio called "nasty girl" or something like that, anyway, it was about young girls who wears too little clothes (in Destiny's Child's view, that is) and how they were "nasty" and they shouldn't "leave their houses without their clothes on"..and I just went
I mean come on! One minute they're crawling around in the sand showing everything they got, and the next minute they're condemning others who do the same thing!
I mean, talk about double-standards! I'm surprised they got fans at all (no offense to anyone here who happen to like them)!
(rant mode off)
So what's your opinion? [img]smile.gif[/img]

And mind you, this is like the only thing I've talked about all day, my friends are getting mighty tired of me so I thought I'd turn to you guys and rant for awhile
Girls running around wearing skimpy clothing... and I'm sitting here? Ach!

*takes Regin's advice and goes and puts on MTV*

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2002, 04:13 PM   #3
MagiK

Women in skimpy outfits on TV?? What an OUTRAGE!!! thats what GOD invented the beach for...sheesh

Old 03-31-2002, 05:48 PM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but...

Did you really expect three air-head bimbos to come up with their own lyrics?

My thoughts are that they get told what to sing depending on what some suit decides will make the most money. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, excuse me while I go see if they're on MTV yet [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe
Old 03-31-2002, 06:04 PM   #5
Encard
Quintesson

Heh... well, this proves my point: people = evil. Weasels are so much better... they just nibble on things a lot, but they don't sing evil songs and stuff... *grin* Err... in other words, you have my agreement about the general evilness of things of this type. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2002, 08:26 PM   #6
Pangur Ban

Sir ReGiN confirms my view that certain types of modern music is not based on musical talent, but clothing and fashion ( or lack thereof ) and dancing ability ( or lack thereof )

I have heard this genre referred to as "perky breast" music - and I don't think this was meant to be a compliment !!

Want to see something funny? Try watching music video clips with the sound off ...
Old 03-31-2002, 10:06 PM   #7
fable
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but...

Did you really expect three air-head bimbos to come up with their own lyrics?

My thoughts are that they get told what to sing depending on what some suit decides will make the most money. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Have to say that I agree with Downunda on this. Groups like Destiny's Child are just visual wet dreams for guys; the musical content is next to nil. And when they want to look good for publicity, they do a song like the one you heard with lyrics about little girls wearing more clothes.

Kinda reminds me of Bon Jovi (talk about empty calories) a number of years ago, when his touring group was notable in the press for their hell-raising, drugs, booze and women. Then he did a promo for MTV smirking into the camera about how kids should say "no" to drugs. Riiiight.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:30 AM   #8
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

i have no problem watching videos from britney spears or destinys child.....with the sound down.the are pleasing to the eye but are some what lacking as far as talent is concerned.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:02 PM   #9
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
i have no problem watching videos from britney spears or destinys child.....with the sound down.the are pleasing to the eye but are some what lacking as far as talent is concerned.
I wouldn't want to watch one of their videos even without sound. I don't even find those women (or is girls a better word?) attractive. OK, they're not ugly, but they're just not my type.

Don't like their music, don't like the way they look... MTV holds no attraction for me at all.
You hear me, MTV - you won't get to me, I'M COMPLETELY IMMUNE TO YOUR MIND-CONTROLING GADGETRY, YOU POWER-HUNGRY SCHEMING CORPORATE MUSIC-MANGLERS!!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 07:56 PM   #10
Tiamat
Banned User

I like Mandy Moore the most. and I hate Aaron carter........ hes got all those fans...... i hate boy-bands.... if I was in a band, it wunt be a boy band, or a pop group for that matter. It would be a group like Insane Clown Posse, I mean like, if people got into a music group thats actually good (metal to me is like the only good stuff; britney's a robot/got infested by the 'music people' and is currently brainwashing yung girls well.... thats a breather...... *HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUH* Im done huffing and puffing, sorry pop music, but you wont blow me down.