Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2001, 12:02 AM   #1
Davlar Wolfbeard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In Athaleas bridge district I came out of the temple of Helm crossed the street and entered what I thought was Reijaks house after completing that from earlier. But this time the door was trapped and the 1st floor down appeared to be the same area where you met Nassas? in the Eyeless quest with the cript. I opened it up and got my ass handed to me by a Elemental Lich who summoned a Pit Fiend and then proceeded to wipe out my main character. Not so much worried about the related quest just want to know if that is a shortcut back there or will I have to go back to the Temple District and then into the sewers to get to The other crypt.
Old 10-20-2001, 12:04 AM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

No, it's not the same room. It is one of the Lich battles for
a particular item. He's a pain in the ......
Old 10-20-2001, 02:49 AM   #3
mitsos

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
If you kill the Elemental lich and the shade lich (Eyeless quest), you get the head and arms/legs of Kangaxx, a lich down in the docks district at a house somewhere. When you reassemble them in a coffin over there, a lich will appear. When you kill it, it will turn into a demi-lich which is a f***ing difficult opponent. Better try it when you're at chapter six.

Old 10-20-2001, 05:27 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Does the protection from undead protect me from Kangaxx...the demi lich
Old 10-20-2001, 05:30 AM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I believe it does. Bash away.
Old 10-21-2001, 02:16 AM   #6
Davlar Wolfbeard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info, i believe waiting till chapter 6 is probably a great idea since like I said earlier the Elemental Lich handed me my a$$ the few times I squared off against him in chapter 1.
Old 10-21-2001, 01:44 PM   #7
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you dont have to wait till chapter six . i caned his ass in chapter 3 you just need to get your technique sorted.
Old 10-21-2001, 04:48 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

technique the man says. listen, any level/class will do, just have a +4 or better weapon.

put a Prot for Magic scroll on a char with a +4 weapon. kill kangaxx. kill kangaxx again. grab the ring of gaxx.

i hear massive probs with the Prot from Undead scroll versus kangaxx (and bohdi for that matter) since it means they cant talk to u.
Old 10-21-2001, 05:18 PM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:

i hear massive probs with the Prot from Undead scroll versus kangaxx (and bohdi for that matter) since it means they cant talk to u.
And you heard that right. (I believe i actually explained it today already...) But the point is they can't initiate any conversations with your character so can't do their important in-between speeches (just before they die, for instance).

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium..
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.