Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-06-2001, 05:23 PM   #1
Aeis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got the Ice and Acid Heads, where is the third one? I've killed Tralgar but he didn't have it on him
Old 03-06-2001, 05:41 PM   #2
Epona
Zartan

SPOLIER
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
1. Downstairs in trophy room (room behind forge)
2. Chapel with the golems
3. On Glacias on top floor

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-06-2001, 05:43 PM   #3
Hesperex

The one you do not have is the one on glacius...I think.

------------------

Old 03-06-2001, 06:12 PM   #4
Aeis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It was the one in the golem room I need however, every time I take it the 2 remaining golems (Clay and Large Iron) cast haste and kill me.

All weapons seem to do no damage, I 've used a haste potion but they keep using haste to keep up How the hell do you get past them or kill them?
Old 03-06-2001, 06:15 PM   #5
Hesperex

SPOILER
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
To get in and out of the room alive the best method is to walk in there with your mage, grab what you need, pause the game immedietly and cast shadow door or invis, then you are free to just walk out, rest and repeat as needed.

good luck

------------------

Old 03-06-2001, 09:30 PM   #6
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

I got the stuff in the golem room by stacking every body up for a fight out in the hall and then rushed in and killed the first golem. the rest dont even notice. then i attacked the second. if any body got hurt along the way i went out to the stairwell and rested and went back. i just left the big dude. then i casted haste on my theif and went in hiding in shadows. and paused at the first statue. and grabbed every thing. and did the same at each one. then hauled ass out of the room before the big dude could catch me. worked like a champ. tosn
Old 03-07-2001, 08:16 AM   #7
Lord Shield

I did the same. For the Iron Golem, my Sorceror cast 3 Enchant Weapon spelld (to give everyone +3 weapons), then the party had Hasteand Chant, Summoned a couple of critters (to take hits for the team) and whipped his metal butt. If you hear the Iron Golem spell casting, run a short distance, wait for him to follow out of the Gas Cloud (he can do this every 3 rounds), then re-commencing ass-whupping!

Old 03-07-2001, 09:07 AM   #8
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

There's one way to solve this. Cast Santuary on your Cleric and have him/her take the flail head, but, if you're feeling adventurous, try these ways to kill the golems.

Make sure that the golems are in cyan (non-hostile) mode first.

Take out the clay golems use blunt weapons. E.g. Quarterstaves, Hammers

Then, take out the stone golems using weapons with +2 or higher to hit. You should have some by now.

As for the iron golem, you can use the Lilarcor +3 and use a lot of summoned creatures as fodder. If you can summon bears, I think they hurt the golem too. Pull back immediately once the gas cloud comes out -- trust me, it'll take you down fast.

Anyway, if you just take the flail head, but not the other 3 weapons, the golems won't hurt you.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-07-2001, 12:02 PM   #9
Lord Shield

Actually, I just remembered... if you take ONLY the flail head, the golems don't animate. It's only the other items. Additionally, if you get the Keep as your Stronghold after this quest, the Golems vanish and you can collect the items at your leisure

Old 03-07-2001, 12:08 PM   #10
Hesperex

Theres many different ways to do it

------------------