Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-22-2001, 08:31 PM   #71
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Was that him being shot down???? i must say that the lovers in the game are the worst choices you could have. the ladies get some gimp and the men a flake, a crazy lady and a grief stricken aunt figure who jumps at you even as her husbaned cools, boy they really droped the ball this time.
Old 01-22-2001, 08:41 PM   #72
cloudbringer

No Gabriel, that was him getting a nod for quick wit!

And I havent' played with a male pc so can't say much about the storylines...but I do have to agree with you about their character traits....

As for Anomen, sigh, what can one say? He's your only shot at some blanket action in the game....take it or leave it! He IS an annoying, self-absorbed and arrogant creature, isn't he?! Not a bad cleric, though. I'll keep him in my second party for now.

Old 01-22-2001, 08:43 PM   #73
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cloudbringer, I kinda like the "You gotta be nuts" option. Think I'll use it. BTW, Armisael and BK, us women are attracted to all sorts of kind of men, including big boys! I personally could never date a man shorter or of a lesser weight than I am. I like to know I'm with a "Man"

(Don't feel alone Gabriel, I'm starting to scare myself as well!)
Old 01-22-2001, 08:49 PM   #74
cloudbringer

Ladyzekke, If you still need the cleric in your party. Try the "I'm not interested or don't love you" answer when he proposes the more 'permanent' idea. I think in one case he made a little speech and said he'd stay and never speak about his feelings for the pc again. Now that sounds like a plan!

Old 01-22-2001, 08:56 PM   #75
Armisael

Yeah, she ran off and joined the navy.

Old 01-22-2001, 09:01 PM   #76
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Forgive me, my fault. i wish that the game allowed that the chararcter to develop. woman heals guy alot guy fall for her. that would be best! or at least they allow greater difference of speices, dwarven charater dating a drow???? gezz the whole height problem alone. or why if people inculed the love i just remembered Phare, the progammers area all men and so must of written the codes for the women on what they wanted, i suprised there wasmn't a blonde binbo with huge..... you get my point. in fact i'm going to email them with complains right now. i invite you to join me. ok i'm ranting, sorry. , what happens at the end of the thread with the guy anyway?
Old 01-22-2001, 09:03 PM   #77
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ok Cloudbringer, I'll take the "let him down easy" approach so I don't hurt is precious ego! As long as I can get rid of his romatic notions I don't care! I'm sure he'll be OK. He'll probably find some barmaid to charm and show off his "knighthood"!
Old 01-22-2001, 09:12 PM   #78
cloudbringer

Well I'm nowhere near the end- still toddling about in chapter 2 for both games I'm running. So far with the romance one (I kicked Anomen out of my first party to take Valygar's quest and kept him around), Anomen has been annoying me with tons of one-sided, self-absorbed conversations, all of which I had to answer (teeth gritted) with 'nice' choices as opposed to some of the really funny 'buzz off' choices! (I saved and then tried most of the options just to see how it went!) After about ?) days with my party he apologizes for a particularly self-absorbed and rude conversation he ended earlier and hints that he's becoming interested in my pc.

I think the next time he interacts is to pop up with a red flower and some flowery speeches and I asked him was he in the habit of picking flowers, yaddayadda...then not long after that when you go to rest your party, he declares he's in love with you and tells you he wants you. If you choose either of the first two options your pc sleeps with him. The last thing that's happened so far is he asked me to make the arrangement 'more permanent' or something like that. See my note to ladyzekke for those options- I know there's still the whole 'who killed his sister and what happens with his father' thing to go through. Haven't done that yet.

Anyone know if the love interests (male and female) make it through to the end (assuming you revive them?! ) Just curious how they'd handle that in sequels.

Old 01-22-2001, 09:13 PM   #79
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm glad your letting Anomen down easy Miss Wendy. I shall step forward then to offer you my hand! I think a cruise is in order and I have booked us for a lovely canoe ride in....Lake Acotinc! Think Anomens voice with this
Old 01-22-2001, 09:24 PM   #80
cloudbringer

Glad to be of service, ladyzekke!

Well, I remembered seeing somewhere here that the guys had that choice with their various love interests and it shut them up and got them acting like normal npc's again so I tried it. Warning, I don't remember exactly which answer got this response, so be careful- when I made one choice (not in love?) he declared he'd stick around and try to convince me, but the other one (not interested?) got the ok, I'll stay and not speak of it again response.

I dreaded the potential woo-ing if he tried to convince me to love him! ACK! Somebody polymorph him fast! So I remembered not to choose that one last time I saved!