Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did a search and turned up nothing.

I was wondering if I should just drop items that I have used but don't disapear?

(Spoiler Alert)

Like the hand of the vampire you need to open the door with in the maze under spellhold for example. I used it yet it is still in my inventory. Is it needed for anything else? There are many items like this that I can't seem to part with for fear of missing out on something. They just take up room that I can be using. I have the bag of holding but I have soo many missle ammo and I am on my way to Underdark and so I can't just place these things in a chest just yet.

Thanks for any info,

Pystal
Old 05-07-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Well, you don't need it after you use it, but I understand your sentiment. You may be interested in using a patch, like Ease of Use, that will boost up the quiver size. Other than that, unfortunately, you'll have to drop them. Keep in mind, though, that you won't need them again anyway.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info.

I am a little nervous abut using any of the mods just yet. I am looking forward to using them after this go around with the game.

I have a question on the ease of use mod. Do I have to install it and start a fresh game, or can I install it and have it work with my current game?

Also, are there a lot of bugs when using it? I will do a search on this stuff soon, I just figured I would use this post while its here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks to all who respond.

Pystal
Old 05-08-2004, 12:54 AM   #4
Imrahil
Elminster

You can install most components & use them right away & most have no bugs associated with them. If you're concerned about a particular component, just ask about that one, but off-hand all I can think of that might be buggy is the "Concurrent Romances" & "Multipe Stronghold" components.

If you're just concerned about the stacking ammo & bottomless Bag of Holding, those are fine.

In an un-MOD'ed game, any item you've already found a use for (like the Hand of Dace) can be dropped (the only exception I can think of might be the Keep key, if you get the Keep as your stronghold & haven't already re-opened (they all shut again) all the doors).

The only MOD's which change this are, I believe, the Item Upgrade MOD, which can make use of some no-longer-useful items & the Improved Thief Guild, where you'll want to hold onto your Strongbox Key.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote