Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-26-2001, 09:39 AM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

I'm almost through the Ust Natha section. Having read a walkthrough I know that I'll return to the Silver Dragon with the eggs and then leave the Underdark.

Here's the question: Normally you'd want to leave Ust Natha immediately after the Demon kills both the Matron Mother and Phaere. But I wasn't able to get to all the quests in Ust Natha (specifically the Lich Tower). The walkthrough states that if you don't leave the city immediately you'll have to fight your way out. Has anyone tried that route? It seems like there would be a ton of experience to be had if you can survive such a battle... and I like the challenge aspect of it as well.

anyone? anyone? Bueller?
Old 10-26-2001, 09:45 AM   #2
Ares

I had to fight my way out and it really isnt that hard. Just make sure you summon a Fire elemental or Aerial servant when you start to run from the city that way,your summoned creature takes the beating and you dont
Old 10-26-2001, 09:56 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hagimihale:
I'm almost through the Ust Natha section. Having read a walkthrough I know that I'll return to the Silver Dragon with the eggs and then leave the Underdark.

Here's the question: Normally you'd want to leave Ust Natha immediately after the Demon kills both the Matron Mother and Phaere. But I wasn't able to get to all the quests in Ust Natha (specifically the Lich Tower). The walkthrough states that if you don't leave the city immediately you'll have to fight your way out. Has anyone tried that route? It seems like there would be a ton of experience to be had if you can survive such a battle... and I like the challenge aspect of it as well.

anyone? anyone? Bueller?
It's not actually that hard. If you can defeat the guards in the temple, the drow commoners are not that difficult to beat.

------------------
Old 10-26-2001, 10:18 AM   #4
Kezardin
Elminster

hagimihale,

after the demon does it's thing, you can usually get your party close to the merchants square before the drow go hostile.

Then all you need do is clean out the area near the gate and fight your way back *into* the city

That way you'll have an escape route if you need it.

Kez
Old 10-26-2001, 10:33 AM   #5
Tsantlar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually I had something a little different happen to me. I took too long in getting the items back to the Marton Mother. I went through all three areas first. But unfotunately Phaere zapped in and complained about me taking too long and discovered who I truly was. So we battled I killed her. Then I had my mage cast Mass Invisibility found a good place to make a stand and made my run into the city. I did have to still get the eggs after all You know those Paralytic bolts work wonders in a fight! I basically killed everyone except the golems and the people in the tavern. I was kinda hoping I would still be able to find the Matron Mother...but no luck there. Oh well.

Tsantlar