Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-22-2001, 08:39 AM   #1
alxander1
Dungeon Master

I have yhe cloak of mirroring on my primary character but I still get affected by spells like domination and intelligence drain, imprisonment and time stop. What type of spells does it protect me from ? The description makes it sound a lot more powerful than it seems to be.

Old 05-22-2001, 08:42 AM   #2
Lord Shield

Ranged damaging attacks such as Magic Missile, Melf's Acid Arrow.
Lightning Bolts are a pain. Once they reflect off you, you have named ownership of the bolt, so if it subsequently kills a citizen, YOU lose the Rep even though some other bastard cast it

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-22-2001, 08:57 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Its a very nice cloak to have but it doesnt protect against indirect or non-damaging spells so youll still be vulnerable to confusion and charm and soforth. Lord Shield is a very smart man so pay attention to what he says. I know I do.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 08:01 PM   #4
Gimlee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by alxander1:
I have yhe cloak of mirroring on my primary character but I still get affected by spells like domination and intelligence drain, imprisonment and time stop. What type of spells does it protect me from ? The description makes it sound a lot more powerful than it seems to be.

Intelligence drain isn't a spell. The mind flayers do that when they hit you.

------------------

See the ravaging effects of smoke!