Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-24-2001, 11:14 PM   #21
Drifter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've gotta agree with the majority, here. It strikes me that, being the son of a god, you should get at least one pretty decent stat (as in, above 20). You do have to keep it balanced, tho. That's a definite.

------------------
The meek shall inherit the Earth. But the strong shall reclaim it as their own.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:42 PM   #22
dwarf 13
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know if I'm getting of topic here, but what exactly is shadowkeep? Everyone keeps mentioning it, but I've never heard of it before.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:50 PM   #23
Aurum
Manshoon

Depends of you, I preference: ˇNo!

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:54 PM   #24
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Hi Dwarf! I'm pretty new here, too...
SHadowkeeper is a program that lets you change your character's abilities, equipment, etc. For example, if you really wanted to, you could give your character over 18 in all his/her abilities, and equip them with the best items in the game right from the get-go. Not that you'd want to do that... Ha ha
Old 10-25-2001, 02:00 AM   #25
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

ToB minor spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
You will find out that not all Bhaalspawn are godly in strength, and that most are at most peasant like. Only a chosen few are truly blessed, which includes you, but not to the extent of absolute power.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips
Old 10-25-2001, 02:23 AM   #26
Kaleban
Manshoon

What's more heroic:
A: Bhaalspawn who slices and dices through hordes of villains, ammassing god-like power, and is an unstoppable juggernaut

or

B: Bhaalspawn who is a farmer, and through perseverance, conviction, and courage manages to overthrow the evil wizard in a last ditch attempt, only barely escaping the surge of power released in the evil magician's death throes to see his children again (embellished).

The point is, all good heroic fantasy revolves around a protagonist with either obvious character flaws (i.e. plot hooks, which enable good storytelling), or major physical flaws that need to be overcome. The reason the bad guys are usually more powerful is so that the hero use wits and luck to overcome, rather than brute force. Look at the myth of Hercules, or Samson, or any of a number of heroes and they all have either major character flaws which they deal with at the end of the story, or a major physical flaw that does them in, such as Achilles' Heel.

There is no such thing as a godly Hero, because the quality of being heroic is facing adversity and impossible odds when you're less than ready, but persevering through courage and willpower.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:27 AM   #27
Kaleban
Manshoon

What's more heroic:
A: Bhaalspawn who slices and dices through hordes of villains, ammassing god-like power, and is an unstoppable juggernaut

or

B: Bhaalspawn who is a farmer, and through perseverance, conviction, and courage manages to overthrow the evil wizard in a last ditch attempt, only barely escaping the surge of power released in the evil magician's death throes to see his children again (embellished).

The point is, all good heroic fantasy revolves around a protagonist with either obvious character flaws (i.e. plot hooks, which enable good storytelling), or major physical flaws that need to be overcome. The reason the bad guys are usually more powerful is so that the hero use wits and luck to overcome, rather than brute force. Look at the myth of Hercules, or Samson, or any of a number of heroes and they all have either major character flaws which they deal with at the end of the story, or a major physical flaw that does them in, such as Achilles' Heel.

There is no such thing as a godly Hero, because the quality of being heroic is facing adversity and impossible odds when you're less than ready, but persevering through courage and willpower.
Old 10-25-2001, 04:45 PM   #28
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Thanks to all of those that replied. Overall I still feel thats its OK to use shadowkeeper for some thing, maybe averaging out some stats, or other small things like that, but the important thing is that you remain balanced by doing this. I've had some character's that my NPCs are a ridiculous amount better than, and I think thats a steaming load. I also think its cool to maybe give your main character a decent weapon. nothing like spectacular, but maybe a +2 sword sometime pretty early in the game. The way I went through it last time, my main hand weapon,through the beginingof the game on my kensai was a sword of flame +1. now thats good for killing trolls, but if you run into some tought guys you can get into trouble, and i really dont think it would hurt to add a weapon for a time until you find a decent one.

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark..."