Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-13-2001, 11:49 AM   #1
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

I have a human Necromancer and i was wondering who should i have in my
party (i'm lawful good)
Old 08-13-2001, 11:58 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Just do what you think is best. If we start advising you which party member you should take, it wouldn't help a thing. You should decide for yourself who you really want in your party.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 08-13-2001, 12:42 PM   #3
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Spoilers

Not exactly true, experience says that certain combinations of characters can be a lot of fun, so for example having minsc and jan in the same party cvan be a barrel of laughs (and they are pretty decent npc's), whereas maintaining a lawful good character in conjunction with Korgan and Edwin will be impossible. If your a male character, getting Aerie or Jaheira will have a good romance angle, while Viconia will be intense but riveting (the bit where she tells her history is scary). If your female, the only male character willing to have a romance is apparently Amoen, though Haer d'alis can be a bit of a jack the lad...

In my humble opinion, for a necromancer, useful npc's would be...

In terms of tanks....

Keldorn (Paladin - sewers)
Minsc (ranger - start)
Jaheira (fighter/druid - start)

Cleric/mages...

Aerie (Cleric/Mage - circus) or....
Nalia (thief/mage - Copper Coronet)
Amoen (Fighter/cleric - CC)

Thiefs...

Jan (Thief/illusionist - government district)
Yoshimo (bountyhunter - start)
Mazzy (thief - Umar hills)

I have listed 9 npc's and you only need 5. (hope I haven't left anyone out, I'm doing it on my fingers here) I have excluded certain npc's (haerd'alis/ cernd/Valygar/ Edwin/Korgan/ Viconia) as being either unsuitable or plain dull (though haerd'alis has his moments and the adoption of Vagyar for a while will probably be necessary in the later game, figure it out as you go along

My own personal five would be (and do remember this is my own opinion)

Minsc
Jan
Jaheira
Keldorn
Yoshimo

purely for storyline and comic relief....
Old 08-13-2001, 01:18 PM   #4
Cleric 2
Manshoon

And Imoen ?
Old 08-13-2001, 01:52 PM   #5
Mel
The Magister

I didn't think Mazzy was a thief. As far as I know she's a fighter.
Old 08-13-2001, 02:01 PM   #6
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

mazzy is a fighter
Old 08-13-2001, 03:52 PM   #7
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

the only reason Mazzy is a fighter is that the rules prohibit halflings from becoming paladins, but she sure behaves like one. She even has some spell-like abilities, such as lay on hands.
Old 08-15-2001, 07:18 AM   #8
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Erm, I didn't mention Imoen 'cuase I felt it would be a spoiler, your right on Mazzy of course, I just forgot she was a fighter 'cause someone else mentioned she was brilliant with a longbow, sorry, the rest hold good though...
Old 08-15-2001, 07:42 AM   #9
Istaron
Banned User

Lawful good necromancer? Whats so fun with that? Necromancers is suposed to be EVIL (from roleplaying perspective)!

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-15-2001, 07:09 PM   #10
Gil-Galad
The Magister

My 5 cents:

Keldorn
Anomen/minsc
Aerie
Jaheira/Jan
Yoshi/Imoen

You can't go wrong with a magic-strong party, ever!
Choose Jan+Minsc for the fun, Jaheira for the romance, Anomen for the invincibility at higher levels + the cool quest.