Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2001, 07:09 AM   #21
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
And the other thing is that they will invariably lose your luggage - Gatwick, Heathrow, doesn't matter which.

"Yes, I now that your luggage is important to you sir, but we are a big airport - on average we lose 4 pieces per plane that arrives - don't be alarmed sir, we are very good at finding them within 48 hours."

Isn't that a relief.

Nice pub there Donut - I can just imagine you propping up one end of the bar there, surrounded by a few friends and many empty pint glasses . Oh, and a bit of scary news - I have to shave the moustache off if the mighty Brisbane Lions win the AFL Grand Final - I don't know, the troubles that women cause

I'm not saying that I go in there a lot but when I walk in the door everyone shouts 'NORM!!'

Talking of luggage, don't take your eyes off it for a second. And don't ever put it down and leave it. The resulting security alert will bring the place to a standstill.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-26-2001, 07:18 AM   #22
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi NORM --- gee, you mean your name's not really DONUT????????? Gee, how am I going to adjust to that stunning news . Good to see Man United have the 2 goals in three minutes happen to them this time (yay Deportivo!!!!). What happened that Arsenal only managed a 1-1 draw against 10 men on the weekend - the're going to need better play than that to lift the title (sorry I mentioned the score - perhaps I can get away with it too) .

------------------
Old 09-26-2001, 07:23 AM   #23
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I'm not saying that I go in there a lot but when I walk in the door everyone shouts 'NORM!!'

Talking of luggage, don't take your eyes off it for a second. And don't ever put it down and leave it. The resulting security alert will bring the place to a standstill.

Very good point Donut! Most security alerts are caused by tourists who put their bags down and wander off to have a look at the timetable on the wall at the other end of the platform. Most of them probably don't even realise until later that the resulting evacuation of the station and train delays which have a knock-on affect lasting for days was caused by them - it is when they report their luggage missing that the light dawns, and they are told sternly that it has been blown up in a controlled explosion by the bomb disposal unit because it was unattended and therefore was assumed to be terrorist explosives....

So to re-iterate - never put any bags, luggage, packets or parcels down anywhere unattended! We are all used to it, so don't always think to mention it to visitors.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-26-2001, 07:26 AM   #24
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Who needs reminding - I flew back to OZ from Heathrow on Thursday - the "Don't leave your luggage unattended or we will seize it and blow it up" announcement was going off every 4 minutes .

------------------