Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-19-2002, 04:32 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I'm in goblin fortress, deep in caverns. I met stupid red demon Yquog. My paladin does not worship with him but my bard can have a good conversation. He gives me a quest. There's also kuruntur another goblin. is it a good idea to worship with yquog?? I'm very confused. I'm a good aligned party. maybe I better complete his quest and then slay him [img]smile.gif[/img] ) what to do? what did you do?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 04:54 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Do the quest, but don't slay him yet. You will meet him again later in the game.

[ 10-19-2002, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 10-19-2002, 07:04 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

but isnt it an evil action? (I mean doing yqoug's quest)
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 09:43 AM   #4
Finn
The Magister

I don't think so. You won't be bumping off anybody if I recall correctly. You'll merely play messenger boy for Yquog going back and forth between him and another bloke. Also, you'll get some items as reward in the end as well if I'm not mistaken.

Old 10-19-2002, 12:14 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

You get a shield from Kruntur and a weapon from Yquog (both magical; the shield is often, but not always, invis once a day). You also receive some nice xp for completing the quest.

Yeah, this is one errand you where you don't want your Paladin doing the talking; they're just a little too rigid.

As for being evil, well, if you follow Kruntur's remarks carefully, you'll see he's dropping out of the horde to take up a career in mining. As for Yquog, he will indeed turn up again much later in the game, and you can deal with him then (there are two ways of doing that). So go ahead and do the Fedex routine.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 08:00 PM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

So what if you butcher him like the whelp he is? Exactly what do you miss out on?
I pretty much did his quest, and then slaughtered him as deserving of a minion of the abyss.
Old 10-19-2002, 08:35 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

When you meet him again in the Severed Hand, he's bigger and badder. You can fight him there (along with his happy little friends) or scare him off. I just had too much fun scaring him, so don't know what he's worth at that time in the game. Its no big deal, and has no efefct on the outcome.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote