Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 10:00 AM   #1
marco
The Magister

good day folks,

does anyone have a good technique to destroy a beholder? would the following technique work:

cast silence 15' rad. on beholder
fighters drink magic blocking potion
pull the magic users back

would this work? first few times through i keep losing char.
marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 03:14 PM   #2
Axterix
Manshoon

I sent in a single character to deal with them whenever possible.

Used my dwarven fighter/thief... as she's got good saving throws. Bit of haste, maybe a clerical buff, and she solos them. A +2 ring of protection is also a good idea... you won't need low AC against them as much as high saving throws. If you have a paladin, a paladin would also be a good choice to solo them. Of course, be sure to hit hard, hit often... although they don't have that many hp's at all. If your guys don't quite have the levels, you might want to send along a thief/ranger as well, sneak them behind the beholder first, saving throw guy attacks from the front, other guy attacks from the back.

Sending in the whole party just seems to give the Beholder more chances to use its death causing eyes on people.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 05:35 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I just pounded them with missile weapons, they dropped like big beach balls in seconds
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:59 PM   #4
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

I usually just summon undead to take them out there spells dont hardly
effect them and the undead wipe them up quickly! Just remember to keep
your party out of sight

------------------
Gwayne is offline   Reply With Quote