Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-08-2003, 06:39 PM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

There's a law against Nazis isn't there? Townies are basically fascists so there should be a law against them [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 12:06 AM   #12
spydar

is there a law against nazis'????

and beau I'm from this really crap-ass small northern alberta town but the term "chotch" originates, as far as I know, from edmonton. there aren't a whole lotta cliques in this town so everyone who isn't a skater, "looser" or cowboy can be considered a chotch. I was only ever in one conflict with a group of them and am convinced that it was cause I was the smallest person there. and I didn't even get in a fight, my friend did it for me while I was in the store and they were waiting outside for me. she kicked the ringleader's butt and then the girl kept yelling at us about how she was going to get someone really big to beat us up, ya real tough one there.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:14 AM   #13
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Ahh the many advanatges of the being homeschooled.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 06-09-2003, 01:32 AM   #14
Chewbacca
Zartan

When I went to High School it was the Rednecks,Jocks,Preps -vs- the Hoods, Skaters, and Punks. In addition there was the old "Black vs white" thing to some degree as well, but that was mostly underlying being in the deep South and all.
I was a hood at first I guess, but I soon learned not to judge by appearances, but by aditudes.
Some of the "preps" were bona-fide jerks, but so were some of the hoods. Once Senior Year rolled around it all the cliques became blurred.

People started going to the same parties, prep girls hooked up with hood guys, alot of preps suddenly became dead-heads of all strange things and the jocks themselves were getting hooked up by the hoods and the assholes were left to fight amongst themselves.

Some Rednecks and, of course, skin-heads stilled like to kick skaters ass because only "fags" liked a sissy sport like skateboarding. DUH! Morons! This was before Tony Hawk and X-games became a household name.

Skin-heads and Gangsters were the worst as far a social distruption goes. Violent fools with no limits. It doesn't matter what clique you belong too if someone kills you with a gun or a knife.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:04 AM   #15
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

We had a new high school constructed last year, this being the first attending year. I believe social groups are bent around cash brackets; however much you and your parents make, thats where you fit in. Personalities follow. They all dress nice, spend all their time exercising and getting high/drunk, and other pitiful self-absorbed crap. Quite frankly, I would be in that category if I had the snobby, rich kid attitude like everyone else. I guess my family has morals.. go figure [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #16
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmm Nanobyte - I wouldn't call excercising "self-obsessed crap" I'd call it "taking care of yourself" so that you live healthier and longer
Old 06-09-2003, 08:37 AM   #17
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
We had a new high school constructed last year, this being the first attending year. I believe social groups are bent around cash brackets; however much you and your parents make, thats where you fit in. Personalities follow. They all dress nice, spend all their time exercising and getting high/drunk, and other pitiful self-absorbed crap. Quite frankly, I would be in that category if I had the snobby, rich kid attitude like everyone else. I guess my family has morals.. go figure [img]tongue.gif[/img]
So everyone that goes to a private school is a vain and self-absorbed pig that doesn't really care for the affairs of lesser mortals because we use more hairspray?

That works. Hey shit, we're intelligent, rich and educated, and we have no idea what morality is. You'd think someone would have noticed it by now.

Well done matey, but just cause someone dresses nice and excercises regularly doesnt mean he's devoid of morality. It just means he enjoys being healthy and wearing something other than the same damn t-shirt every day.

Edit: Don't even get me started on that Goth/Bohemian crap that people do. That stuff doesn't make you any more educated or able to pass judgement. It just makes you look strange and think the same way as everyone else.

[ 06-09-2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Lifetime ]
Old 06-09-2003, 08:40 AM   #18
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
When I went to High School it was the Rednecks,Jocks,Preps -vs- the Hoods, Skaters, and Punks. In addition there was the old "Black vs white" thing to some degree as well, but that was mostly underlying being in the deep South and all.
I was a hood at first I guess, but I soon learned not to judge by appearances, but by aditudes.
Some of the "preps" were bona-fide jerks, but so were some of the hoods. Once Senior Year rolled around it all the cliques became blurred.

People started going to the same parties, prep girls hooked up with hood guys, alot of preps suddenly became dead-heads of all strange things and the jocks themselves were getting hooked up by the hoods and the assholes were left to fight amongst themselves.

Some Rednecks and, of course, skin-heads stilled like to kick skaters ass because only "fags" liked a sissy sport like skateboarding. DUH! Morons! This was before Tony Hawk and X-games became a household name.

Skin-heads and Gangsters were the worst as far a social distruption goes. Violent fools with no limits. It doesn't matter what clique you belong too if someone kills you with a gun or a knife.
So true. Alcohol and parties do tend to blur the lines a hell of a lot
Old 06-09-2003, 09:30 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Ahh the many advanatges of the being homeschooled.
Alas what Beau is referring to isn't much to do with schools (although obviously some school-age people fit into the groups he's talking about). It's people who are old enough to have left school on the whole, in the 16-25 age bracket, who hang around the streets and harrass or beat up passers by.

They give me quite a bit of hassle, I've been egged, and I'm a 32 year old woman ffs. They didn't like my clothes. In this case, it's not just social groupings inside schools that are being referred to, but people who hang out in large groups dressed in a certain way and get their kicks out of frightening the elderly and giving grief to people who are just minding their own business.

Unfortunately this seems to have become a bit of a phenomenon in many towns in Britain recently.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:18 AM   #20
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i never experienced that kind gang groups except what someguy said. personally, i have friends from nerds, gangs, social people, computer games, outcast and normal people. im a kind of buddy that hangs with everyone but i still choose my friends and i have very few close friends as well.

Catch me if you can..