Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 01-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Rented it this past weekend. They really hyped it up on TV when it was in movie theaters. I actually thought it may be too gory or something the way they advertised it. Well...Descent sucked! You can hardly see a dang thing the entire movie it is so dark. No story really. Any action that occurs is just a lot of lights flashing and flailing limbs, you can't tell what is what. I reckon by the end of the year it'll probably be on the SciFi channel and play after gems like Mansquito or some such. Actually, hate to say it, but Mansquito I'd rather watch! Doh!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Really? I read on IMDB that it was pretty good, and my local rental store has a lot of them on the shelf. I almost got it today but wanted to wait until Monday and do my homework over the weekend. So...its bad, eh? Not even a little girl-on-girl action? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Bleh...Too bad. I trust your opinion over all those others I read online. Thanks for saving me a little cash and two hours of life. </font>
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
Ladyzekke

Girl on girl action? I don't recall any of that LOL. It IS all girls that go down in the cave though, but that's about it. And good luck knowing which girl is which once they are in the dark. And yep, our local video store has egads of them too, makes you think it is something worth watching, especially when an entire shelf of them is already out. I thought I was so lucky getting to rent the last one they had LOL.

Oh and one more comment, you know that picture on the cover of the rental? It looks like a girl screaming in a pool of blood? Well it ain't blood, it's just one of the many puddles of water that is in the cave, and one of their light sources is a flare that glows orange-red, so it makes it appear that there are blood pools. It's a sham I tell ya!

[ 01-06-2007, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-07-2007, 06:27 AM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
And yep, our local video store has egads of them too, makes you think it is something worth watching, especially when an entire shelf of them is already out.
All the best movies are limited to 0, 1, or 2 copies. For instance, I went a few weeks ago with the intention of renting Kairo. Turns out they only had one copy (which wasn't in the foreign film section, I had to look for it), yet they had multiple copies of the American remake. Says something, doesn't it?
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:50 AM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I saw it on Lowlands festival. It sucked badly. It wasn't even thrilling, it was boring and listening to way too many pansy-ass high pitched screams.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
I saw it on Lowlands festival. It sucked badly. It wasn't even thrilling, it was boring and listening to way too many pansy-ass high pitched screams.
Which ones, the screams from the women or the pansy-ass creatures? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Both.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL! That's funny.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #9
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Yea i was rather dissapointed with it as well
Old 01-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Meh, it wasn't that good. A bit boring actually.

Btw, there are two versions of it, right? The one they showed in the US had a different ending than the one they showed in Europe. Or so I've heard... And that's so bizarre. o_O