Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2004, 04:28 AM   #1
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Hey there!

I just recently started playing Morrowind (after I played Wizardry 8, like, forever [img]smile.gif[/img] ), it's fantastic. But I have a problem I can't solve:

I lost stuff. Quite a bit. I did some of the quests for the mage guild, and there's one point (early) when Galbedir walks away from her spot upstairs. I took a chance and grabbed all her soul gems, and was like, *HOORRAAAYYY*. But now I don't have any of them left. I didn't put them anywhere, not in a chest, not on the floor, but I don't have them anymore either. Any idea what could've happened? I'd really appreciate any pointers...

Cheers
Philipp
Old 06-20-2004, 04:33 AM   #2
Oruboris

Yeah, loved wiz 8 too...

Just finished Thief Deadly Shadows, so I can go back to morrowind...

Are you certain you didn't reload a save from before you stole 'em?

You could try to sell her a gem: if you did steal hers, she'll have a fit and the guards'll bust ya...

But things don't disappear from your inventory in this game, at least not for me.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:39 AM   #3
Cienden
Manshoon

Are you playing the PC or X-Box version of the game? Stuff vanishes in my X-Box version, while on my PC, it doesn't.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:01 AM   #4
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Thanks for your answers, guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

So, I'm on a PC. No mods. No expansions. Patched [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't have any soul gems at the moment, so I'm sure not to have hers either. I looked at her desk, and they aren't there any more, so I'm sure as well that I didn't reload to a point before. But that's an idea, I'll reload some older save games, to see about what time I lost the stuff.

I read something about stripping your stuff from you when you pay due to a crime. Could that be related? I stole some minor item at the alchemist to get the guard from his position, so I could steal the grandmaster alchemy-thingy...

Cheers
Philipp
Old 06-20-2004, 08:57 AM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Did you talk to a cop?
The lawmen take all stolen stufff away.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Uhhhm, darn. Yeah, that's gotta be it. How do they recognize it?(&&()(()_)*_??M(0

Oh well, gotta catch some souls of my own [img]smile.gif[/img] There were quite some nice, but I'll live...

Thanks & Cheers
Philipp
Old 06-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #7
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

no, you dont have to go and catch your own spells. well, not if you have high sneak and high security. when they confiscate items they get sent to the nearest evidence chest located in prisons for various fortresses. where did you talk to the guard who collected your bounty? i can probably tell you where the nearest evidence chest is, where you can retreive your items.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #8
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

YEEESSS, that would be awesome. It was in Balmora, at the alchemist, close to the temple (upstairs, if that matters ) Thanks for you help...

Cheers
Philipp
Old 06-20-2004, 04:57 PM   #9
Cienden
Manshoon

Glad you got that solved. Just never talk to the guards. They are all evil people out to re-steal all your hard stolen goods.

Maybe try the Fort...Buckmoth, it's sort of near. I know Seda Neen (sp?) has an evidence chest.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:33 PM   #10
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

yeah, its most likely in the prison of fort buckmoth, near balmora, if its not there, it may be in pelegiad. it probably wouldnt be in seyda neen, which is to your benifit, since that one is the hardest to steal your stuff back from.

okay, go to the fort, open the door to the prison, and wait for a few to let the guards do their walking until they leave the prison. BAM close the door with you inside, and them outside. now, pick the lock on the chest and have a ball.

oh, wait, theres a magicka chick at the chest in buckmoth... have REALLY high sneak, and REALLY high security, or cast chameleon on yourself a bunch of times using scrolls/spells/items, and then use a high level unlocking scroll to open the chest while holding sneak. dont forget to save before making the attempt. good luck