Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Do they steal experience from you if they get a kill? I hired a Gnome Sorcerer and he killed a few thugs in the Docks and I didb't get any experience... unless I just missed it.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
Cienden
Manshoon

I get the experience from my companion and summon kills.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:50 AM   #3
TyranyuZ

When I played the NWN, the experience was always shown as if I got the kill, no matter who killed the creature first, me or my companion. I think experience is shared.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Best I can figure it, you get half and your companion gets half. Needless to say, you get more XPs the more quests you do alone. Right now I'm trying to kill the mighty Klauth alone and I don't think it's gonna be possible. He be one tough mofo.
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 03:38 PM   #5
Karathis

you get full experience with or wihout henchmen.
but if you wanna be a skilled nwn gamer, leave the henchmen !

but if you wanna have som real fun with nwn, get online and get a gulid [img]smile.gif[/img]

i myself have a gulid with 14 members, a great forum and a real good pw

so why single player when something like this exists ?
Old 06-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #6
Karathis

Quote:
Originally posted by InjaYew:
Best I can figure it, you get half and your companion gets half. Needless to say, you get more XPs the more quests you do alone. Right now I'm trying to kill the mighty Klauth alone and I don't think it's gonna be possible. He be one tough mofo.
yeah klauth is hard ! but i have a tips for you, buy a belt of the swordsman, that gives hight slashing resistance, if the belt gives 40 % slashing resistance
then you have a 40% chance to absorb all the damage klauth will cause to you in a sucsessfull hit
Old 06-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #7
Cienden
Manshoon

Or you can just kick his sorry butt with spells, like I did.

Nice double post there btw...
Old 06-22-2004, 08:23 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

Having a henchman, a summon or a animal companion/familiar makes you recieve less xp than if you were comletely alone. You also get less xp from any given type of enemy as you level up, but you should have gotten at least one xp point for the kill.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:17 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

If your having problems with klauth take your henchman into the battle with you, use the stone of recall when he's near death, drop the henchman, then go back and finish him on your own. not quite in the spirit of the game, but it works on those tough battles.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote