Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2003, 09:51 PM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Any one read any of the books? are they any good?

I'm a huge Salvatore fan, but I've been put off these book's for one simple reason, he didn't write them. Further more each book in the series has been written by a different author, this would really annoy me, I mean you read the first book then pick up book two and suddenly the entire writing style is different. Also if more than one author is writing the series then there is a good chance of conflicts in the storyline between books.

Anyway enough of my blabbering what do you think about the books? are they worth a read or not?
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 10:22 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Each book is by a different author, yes, but I believe Salvatore edits them (or is in some other way involved) before publishing.

When I started on the S&S series, I was planning on getting the WotSQ quintet afterward, but I've gotten a little sidetracked.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:39 AM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
When I started on the S&S series, I was planning on getting the WotSQ quintet afterward, but I've gotten a little sidetracked.
thats a very easy thing to do. For salvatores books, i started off reading them in order, IWD trilogy,cleric quintet etc. but after that i ende up just getting any of the books i could get my hands on!