Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 02-17-2002, 08:50 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I have deliberately refrained from consulting any guide or walkthroughs. I have left Candlekeep and arrived at the FAI. Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Xzar & Montaron are in my party. Where should I head to next?
Xzar & Montaron want to head for Nashkell. So I suppose that's where I should be going next (via Beregost, I presume)?
No spoilers pls, but hints would be appreciated.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:15 PM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

That would be a good course of action and a helpfull hint. If somebody is complaining that you are taking to long, it might be a good idea to get there ASAP.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:25 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
I have deliberately refrained from consulting any guide or walkthroughs. I have left Candlekeep and arrived at the FAI. Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Xzar & Montaron are in my party. Where should I head to next?
Xzar & Montaron want to head for Nashkell. So I suppose that's where I should be going next (via Beregost, I presume)?
No spoilers pls, but hints would be appreciated.

Actually, Khalid and Jaheira want to go to Nashkel, too. And if you take too long to get there, they'll start complaining (Khalid, Jaheira, Xzar, and Montaron will all be complaining about going there). Eventually, they'll leave if you don't go soon enough. So my suggestion would be to head there right away (in fact, I would go right through Beregost (except maybe to rest) and go straight to Nashkel). Once you arrive there, they will stop complaining, and will not complain ever again. Thus, just go there, then leave and do your own thing (i.e. go back to Beregost and do the quests there first). The key is you want to shut them up and stop them from leaving.

I do have a couple of suggestions:

1. Don't mix good and evil in the same party. Make a choice of alignments, then stick with it. If not, conflict will be the eventual result (hey, good guys are adventurers to destroy evil, after all). You can mix neutrals in easy enough; just always pay attention to your party's reputation, and look at the table in the back of the manual to determine party members' moods for a specific reputation level. At this point in the game, you have no choice, but as soon as you can switch out the NPCs that will cause conflict, the better.

2. Make sure you explore every square inch of the FAI, especially talking to each and every person in and around the inn (they have important information and/or quests for you). Don't leave before you do so.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 06:13 PM   #4
Sir Marcus Swordseeker
Dungeon Master

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
dont forget the trees
Sir Marcus Swordseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 07:05 PM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:

2. Make sure you explore every square inch of the FAI, especially talking to each and every person in and around the inn (they have important information and/or quests for you). Don't leave before you do so.

If I presume you are talking about a very helpful "hidden" ring, then it isn't there in the patched version...and I also presume he has a patched version.

But still sound advice..
Old 02-19-2002, 12:19 AM   #6
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Just go to Nashkel.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 04:27 PM   #7
david_m11
Dungeon Master

You can always go back to Beregost (and anywhere else!) after you have been to Nashkell.
Old 02-19-2002, 04:41 PM   #8
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

If I presume you are talking about a very helpful "hidden" ring, then it isn't there in the patched version...and I also presume he has a patched version.

But still sound advice..

This is one of the BG equivalents of an urban myth - the ring of which you speak is there in all official versions (patched, TotSC, unpatched). I fell for this one myself many (many) moons ago.
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote