Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 05:04 AM   #1
Knightscape
Manshoon

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1163993546
Old 11-20-2006, 06:02 AM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

That's a bumber. Of course yo never know, it could still turn out great. It's really a shame to hear about things like this. Money and politics in movies, what are gonna do?

Didn't something similar happen with XMen? Like the guy wanted to go over and do Batman, or Superman and there was a big fight?
Old 11-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I think I recall that.

Still... I'll have mediocre hopes for this. Who knows.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
That's a bumber. Of course yo never know, it could still turn out great. It's really a shame to hear about things like this. Money and politics in movies, what are gonna do?

Didn't something similar happen with XMen? Like the guy wanted to go over and do Batman, or Superman and there was a big fight?
According to IMDb Brian Singer directed X-Men, X-Men 2, then did Superman Returns and is slated for Superman: The Man of Steel (2009).

From memory he was asked to and couldn't do X-Men 3 because of his Superman commitment. I may be wrong though.

For some reason I can't get Harks' link to load?

[ 11-20-2006, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 11-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
StigTC

I would really have liked for Peter jackson to do The Hobbit as well and I am somewhat in doubt about who else should be able to do the movies like he did.

But then again, when I first read that it was Peter Jackson that would be doing the thrilogy, I wasn't exactly optimistic either, so I remain hopeful.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #6
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Look at the latest Batman. It beat the crap out of any of the others; Mostly because Michael, Val and George sucked. Christian was the right man. The new one is also darker which made it better.

I would think they already have lots of the stuff they need for the Hobbit though.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Keaton was a great batman, not so much as Bruce.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Really sorry to see Jackson's not doing The Hobbit. I was looking forward to it and he did such an incredible job on the trilogy!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #9
Zerrato
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought Peter Jackson did an excellent job on the trilogy, I was dissapointed with some of the stuff he left out though.

I'm gonna stay cautiously optimistic about The Hobbit. I think Jackson set the bar and now whoever they get to do the hobbit will wanna pass it up, just to prove they're better [img]tongue.gif[/img] Competition can be a good thing.