Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Introduction

Well, I'll consider a name later, but right now, I've an urge to create a new game. There isn't a lot of point creating one if no one's interested, so, I'll run it by you here, and if any of you want to join, say so.

Given that I've never run a "heroes vs. the villain" style adventure - I'd like to run on. I've got several ideas down right now, but nothing is actually definite yet. I'm leaning towards a "semi-freeform" style of game right now, where the players pick out a few abilities for their character - but only really as a reference point. Thus the system, if you want to call it that, would be classless, but there might be a few "skills/feats/abilities" involved, if only, so you gain the feel of a character "leveling" up. But so far, that's only an idea.

At the very least, it wouldn't be a strict system and I intend to avoid dice rolling altogether. That said, it wouldn't be a very "DM-heavy" game, and ideally, the players would decide what to do, as a group... or at least elect a leader to. Hopefully, it would flow more easily and be less forced.

As to the world, it would be a creation of my own - so, it wouldn't have the "traditional" concepts you get in DnD (for example). There would be no alignment, per say, and "good" and "evil" would be concepts that are labeled by the players, or inhabitants of the world. So, for example, you wouldn't have a dragon being good or evil depending on its colour. As to the subject of "undead", so far, I don't believe those would have a place, other than as in incorporeal spirits, or ghosts, if you will. They could be benevolent or otherwise, but it would depend on the "ghost" in question. Such creatures as zombies, lichs and vampires wouldn't exist. But I digress.

Game Setting

Now, I know that the above is a lot of writing without actually saying of what the world/game will contain, (or of much at all, for that matter), but hopefully, it will give you a feel of the sort of theme I'd like to create. Or rather, what not I'd like. As to the actual setting itself... (see below)

-- "Traditional" European Medieval-esque setting - as far as the temperature, climate and landscape go. I'd rather not attempt a jungle, bamboo or desert setting in this game. At least, not yet.

-- "Lighter" feel to the setting, i.e. no dark looming storm clouds where vampires lurk in the night, preying on the weak and devouring their souls, or war torn lands where armies battle and the carrion of their carnage are left behind and survivors are crucified whilst rivers run red... – as fun as that might be, I don’t really think its appropriate and that’s not really what I’d like for this game. So, no “horror”. Just yet.

-- Races: Races would be human, as “fey” (such as elves, fairies, and goblins) would be part of the wilderness, and generally, not very nice or above humans (in their own mind). Races such as “dragons” are the stuff of legend, and may exist or not, and then “ghosts” or “spirits”. Humans would be the only playable race, but since other races are not dominant and keep to themselves, there shouldn’t be a problem. Heck, you can make your character as classic “elf-like” (or half-elf/orc) as you want, with pointed ears and all, but the elves of the world won’t acknowledge you as such, if you even have contact with them at all. (which is unlikely). Oh, and Halflings, gnomes and the like don’t exist – but you could play a dwarfed human, if you really want…

-- Magic: Magic exists, but will be covered in the character creation part. I’m still debating on how magically high to make the world, but so far, I’m leaning towards a low magic setting, but healing magic will definitely be there, if magic’s included. The current thought are “spheres” of magic, that the player can pick – but that’s another thought for another time.

-- Skills – these will be included, if only as reference, but how far, I’m not altogether sure yet. It all depends on what feedback you lot give me (if any [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

-- Abilities/signature attacks – again, each character will likely have a single signature trait or key ability that is theirs alone. Then they’ll likely have two other more minor abilities and then a handful of skills. I may add a few innate or selectable traits, but I don’t want to systemize the game too much. It depends again, on how regulated you want it, seeing as its purely as a reference.

-- Stats - I may include these, but only as a reference. If you do want them, please add a note for/against in the signup thread. After all, they're for your benefit, not mine.

-- Weapons – anything medieval would be fine, even “custom” weapons – like a single edged curved longsword/saber style – just please, no “ninja” running around – as “cool” as that may be. Or for that matter, guns. No blackpowder please. (or magic weapons at this point)

-- Religion – none. There are no gods for this world. (unless “spirit-worship” of greater beings counts, but that’s rare to the point of non-existence, so its barely worth noting.).

-- On the topic of…
- Other worlds/planes/dimensions – don’t even think of having a character from another world/dimension/plane/existence show up – its overused, and frankly, there *are* no other worlds for this setting. (If only because I’m sick of it [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
- Uber-powerful characters – keep them sensible, please. At the very least, realistic enough to be believable, so no “superheroes”, or children wielding huge weapons, per example.
- Pets/Familiars/Animal Companions – I’m thinking about it, so pester me later if you want one.
- Ninja vs. Pirates… just no.

Closing Words

The game itself will start outside a small village. The time of day will probably be either dawn, dusk, or twilight, depending on the feel of the party. There will be an ingame reason as to why you are all there, or at the very least, near about. The storyline will develop fairly rapidly, and I’ve got the first/early key stage parts worked out, but how I set it into motion will again, depend on the party. Meaning, it’s a little hard to write what its about, but it will involve a villain and the heroes going after “him”.

Anyway, if you are interested (even vaguely), do drop me a PM, or sign up here.
For those from the Ugly Troll RP, hopefully this game will be smoother and last a lot longer, although three chapters wasn’t bad. Again, I will get to writing up a proper epilogue at some point – just not now.

Oh, and just so you all know, I am in Canada atm and not at home, but – I have several hours to kill whilst the gf’s at work, so I should have plenty of PC access – I just might not be able to post *every* day, but that shouldn’t matter too much. Posting times will be reasonable.

[ 07-15-2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 07-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Game Rules

I felt I should post these before going any further - the rules are simple enough:

No posting with sigs, please. If you do, just edit it out.
DM's ruling is final
No controlling another person's character without his/her permission (including the DM's NPCs/Villains)
No uber crazed actions or killing five plus people in a row without taking a scratch... I'll let you decide your own damage for the most part, but there will be times when I'll "force" a character to take damage.
Basically summed up: Common Sense & Courtesy

Aside from that, the rules are few -- just have fun, enjoy yourself and make the game enjoyable for others [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: feel free to use colours for speech, action or general text, but please, no eyesore colours... people have to read it after all . Personally, I'll use different colours for speech, depending on the character, and silver for block text, or possibly gold, again depending on the situation.

[ 07-15-2005, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 07-16-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Narar
Bio: Not a nice person by the standards of most people, just because of his no-shit attitude. Already grizzly looking at first, scars line his arms, face and chest. A tattoo of a black ankh covering his entire back is clearly visible as he often has no shirt to cover it. Never considered graceful, he lumbers around like a bear on its hinds. He would be evil, if you would call it that. If doing good works best for him, then he does good. He isn't bound by anything.

Summary: Large, scarred, tattooed, bald, lumbering badass

Weaponsrefers his fists, but if forced to a weapon, it would be a two-handed hammer, barely smaller than him, with one large blunt side, and the other side slowly whittled to a blade. A dagger would be next in line, just because of its feeling of being a natural extension.

Signature Attack:

1.Pins the enemy to the ground back up, and brings the blade of his hammer crashing into their spine. Paralyzed, Narar rotates his hammer to drive the rib cage into the victims lungs.

2.Drive the blunt side of his hammer into the victims gut horizontally, and pins them to a wall. The resulting impact of the wall and the force of the hammer implodes the victims chest cavity.

Magic: Knows little to none. A few fizzles and tricks to distract or entertain.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:51 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

I believe you're suffering a full PM box cous.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Can i join in?

[ 07-16-2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 07-17-2005, 03:53 AM   #6
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Would love to join in CD but with uni taking up most of my time I cant really dedicate myself to a RP.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #7
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

PM box has been emptied.. somewhat, so hopefully you'll be able to reply. And eh, sure, why not DrowArchmage - and Shadowhound, that's too bad. Maybe another time.

I'll post a few more things in a bit - give me a day or so to work everything out. Cheers for your patience,

CD.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

The "Rules"...

As a foreword, these are just an idea so far, and if none of you want them, they can be scrapped. They're merely there as a reference to help you guys create a character and its capabilities.

The "system" (if you want to call it that) is pretty simple. I'll leave most of it up to you, as far as limitations go. They're just a guideline. Feel free to change things as you will.

So, here goes:
The system is designed so that a character has several categories of "abilities". (see below)

Attributes (your basic stats)
Skills (skills of what your character knows and what your character can do)
Magics* (a limited, incomplete list of "Spheres" - feel free to add more, should you so desire)
Weapon Mastery* (Weapons your character can use (well))
*The character's "abilities"
Signature Moves/Attack - I'll leave that up to you - but no more than three, unless appropriate.
Special Power - Like the above, but a single, innate power

The system's core concept is the character has one Major ability and two Minor abilities. The Attributes and Skills are really for reference and an afterthought, if you will. But anyway, moving on:

Attributes

Your key, primary stats. There are seven attributes and they are ranked on a scale of 1 to 5. Everyone starts with a single point/star/whatever in every statistic. The ratings are as follows:
1 is below Average
2 is Average (for humans)
3 is above Average
4 is Genius
5 is Superhuman

Now, the attributes are as follows:

Strength (Gee, if I have to explain this...)
Agility (Your speed, dexterity, etc)
Endurance (Your Constitution)
Intelligence (Somewhat obvious, but your ability to learn, retain knowledge)
Aura (your "charisma" and force of will)
Perception (I'm not sure how to explain it other then "your perception and ability to notice things)
Spirit (Your magic stat, the ability to control and resist it)

I'll let you decide your own amount of stats, but if you put 5 in every attribute, I won't be too amused, given that I don't want Avatars of Gods - or even Gods for that matter in the game. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Skills

Skills are fairly self-explanatory, and though I've tried to keep the list fairly simple, if you want to add more, feel free to. I've have absolutely no objections to anyone adding additional material. Skills have three levels of expertise to them: Novice, Adept and Master. I won't limit how many skills you choose or what level of proficiency you take, but I'd say about seven at Novice, pick another five of to Adept and finally, choose another three skills to raise to Mastery. But again, that's only a suggestion and feel free to take as many, or as little as you wish, or even add your own. Just... don't take every skill and put it at "Master", mmk?

If that's confusing, here's a simplified version:
7 Skills at Novice
5 Skills at Adept
3 Skills at Master

Physical - "Athletics"
Acrobatics
Riding
Swimming
Climbing
Sprinting/Running
Jumping

Misc/Worldly:
Alchemism (to create potions and the like)
Herbalism (using herbs to treat wounds/infections)
Tracking
Stealth
Pickpocket
Gem/Stone/Rock Cutting
Woodworking
Tailoring
Blacksmithing
Armoursmith
Weaponsmith
~ Crafting [..]/(if you feel the need to craft anything)

Mental:
Knowledges (Pick something, like Mysticism, Astrology or Forests or...)
Concentration (Concentration for Magic)
Discipline (Defence against Magic)

~Abilities~

The following are abilities: your character may select one Major and two Minor - if you select "Mastery" for Weapons, you cannot have a "Major" Sphere, and likewise, you may not have a "Major" Sphere and take "Mastery" in a weapon. Instead, you would have to take "Acolyte" in a weapon, or two "Minor" Spheres. Alternatively, you could take "Mastery" in a single weapon, and any combination of "Acolyte" or "Minor" Sphere, or "Major" in a Sphere and any combination of "Acolyte" or "Minor"... (let me know if that sounds a bit awkward or doesn't make sense).

Magic

Magic is divided into Spheres: "Major" and "Minor" (in case you'd not gathered that yet)

Major Spheres have five spells to them, but their lesser form, Minor only have three.

Here are a few examples of Magic Spheres (again, it isn't complete, and feel free to make your own up). Lesser versions are limited to the first three spells (as indicated), and greater gain access to the last two.

Life/Healing Sphere
Cure
Antidote
Heal

Regenerate
Restore Life (not resurrect)

Death Sphere
Commune with Spirits
Summon Spirits
Command Spirits

Drain Life (not slay)
Steal Soul (prevents spirit passing over)

Ice Sphere
Freezing Touch
Diamond Shards (icy daggers: thrown)
Ice Strike (lance of ice: thrown/from the sky)

Freezing Ray (long ray of freezing ice)
Storm of Ice (ice shards fall from the heavens)

Fire Sphere
Fiery Blaze(short range flame attack)
Searing Torch (touch attack)
Jet of Flame (long range attack)

Smoulder (touch attack that reduces living targets to ash over time and melts non-living)
Incinerator Cloud (area of effect spell that sears and burns all within it)

Enchantment
Hypnotism
Bewilder
Charm

Control
Dominate

Animal
Commune with Beasts
Calm Beasts
Charm Beast

Summon Beasts
Share Mind

Illusion
Split Reflections (up to five projections of yourself)
Projection (project an illusion up to a short distance)
False Strike (confuses opponent with fake attacks)

False Aura
Clone (Create illusionary self that lasts a long time - just how long depends on the caster's power and will)

Shadow
Shadow Image (your shadow fights for you // may be multiple shadows depending on the light)
Shadow Merge (Hide in the darkness)
Dark Strike (ranged attack that damages opponent with their own shadow)

Control Shadows (control other's shadows)
Shadow Shroud (shroud the entire area with shadow)

Battle Magic
Shield (spherical globe of invisible force surrounds you or ally)
Enhanced Strike (your blows do more damage)
Armour (Invisible force protects you or ally)

Multi-Strike (strikes several times rather then just once)
Avatar (invisible force surrounds you and chosen allies rendering you invincible for a short time against all but the strongest magicks and attacks)

Divination ~ Ydalon
Mindread
Detect Magic
Foresight

Scry
Find Trouble

Protection
Sentry
Blend
Spiritward

Osteomancing ~ Narar
Bone Armor(Shape bone of ally or self into armor, very intimidating)
Spines(Spines protrude from any part of the body at will)
Freeze the Core(Stops enemy movement by freezing skeleton in place, muscles still work)

Seize the Core(Control enemy movements by controlling skeleton)
Boneless(Dissolves target's skeleton into base elements, for good or worse)

Darkness ~ Zakaria
Blacklight (darkens (a small) area even during daytime and does minor damage to those within it by sapping at their life)
Esoteric Circle (acircle of protection - minor dark lightning strikes any who would enter without permission/ally of the caster)
Dark Demise (A ranged strike that does moderate damage but temporarily blinds the target by filling his eyes with darkness)
Night's Harbinger (Deploys a dark cloud which is close to impossible to see through and day becomes night for a short while. Whilst inside, the caster is completely concealed and has five 'dark lances' of dark energy to discharge at whom he chooses.)
Shadow Eclipse (Dark energy is cast in the form of a shadow as though the sun was blotted out, hence the name 'Eclipse' at the target in a cone-like area of effect - though the ray comes from the caster, not the sun or any satellites, natural or otherwise).

Hidden* ~ Isokla
Conceal (person blends in with natural surroundings more readily)
Invisibility (conceals person completely from sight)
Undetectable (the person is completely undetectable from sight, sound and other mundane means of scrying)

Untracable Presence (The person cannot be tracked, leaves no tracks and his/her presence is little more than a 'void' both magically and mundane)
Apathy (the person cannot be read emotionally, physically, mundane or magically; cannot be traced, cannot be analysed, is completely devoid of emotions, signature energy, magic, etc. It is not so much an effect as an absence of effects)

*Division magic of equal or higher level may counter this sphere

Other Elemental Spheres could include:
Earth
Air
Water
Storm
Sun

-if you do wish you have an elemental sphere, base it on the "Ice" one, but feel free to make it unique.

Martial Abilities (or "Weapons")

As previously noted, Weapon abilities have two categories: "Acolyte" and "Mastery". Mastery is the best you can be and Acolyte is proficent - or "able to use". It's really that simple.
The list is unfinished and you can apply it to almost any weapon (within reason - no Far Eastern style weapons please, or anything that isn't medevial 'psuedo European' for that matter...)
Remeber that you can only pick One Major Ability and two Minor Abilities, so choose carefully as it will only apply to a single weapon or magical sphere.

Martial Arts (boxing/wrestling, etc)
Bow
Sword
Spear
Sling
Quarterstaff
Morning Star
Hammer
Lance
Dagger
etc

Signature Move/Attacks & Special Powers

Your own personal, unique, individual... ...signature move. Basically, something you have that no one else can do - or if they can, you specialise in it. But yes, feel free to create anything you like, but do keep it within reason - so no DBZ Earth-shattering planet destroying, immortality techniques...

If instead, you want a special ability, such a spell or something, if you choose Magic as your Major Sphere instead of Weapon Mastery, that works too - so long as it isn't again, earth shattering. Personally, I would suggest no more then three Signature Moves and only a single innate Special Power at most. Aside from that, you've pretty much completed your character stuff, save for the background and the like.
Congrats!

Currency – Redone

The last attempt at a currency system on my part was needlessly complex, so I have simplified it this time.

There is a simple two coin type tier system:
Crowns & Pennies

(10) Ten Pennies (CP) is worth a (1) Single Crown (SC)

Pennies come in copper
Crowns come in silver

And just to mess you folks up,

There is a third, final coin – a golden sovereign (GS).

A golden sovereign is worth (50) Silver Crowns (and subsequently, (500) five hundred Pennies)

Pennies tend to be smaller than their counterparts, being 2.5 cm in diameter.
Silver Crowns tend to be the highest form of currency that anyone aside from Merchants, Minor and Upper Nobility and of course, Royalty will use. It's rare to see gold coins in use, as gold tends to be valued a lot more highly in this world than in ours. Copper tends to be regarded as the lowest form of currency, and some 'classier' merchants won't accept it. Generally, its regarded as the currency of the peasentry - so even if you have bagfuls, it may not buy you anything within the upper regions of a city (unless you know where to look). Likewise, most peasents won't accept gold - usually because its too valuable for them to use.

You can assign yourself however many coins you wish, but as a general rule of thumb, I personally wouldn't recormend you take more than [i]5 Silver Crowns at the very, very most and even that may be excessive. Two SCs and a few Pennies should be more than adequet. Unless you're a noble, in which case, I'd suggest no more than three Gold Sovereigns

~~~

There are coins of higher value than a gold sovereign but right now, they're not that important. I may list them later on though. They tend to be rarer and only used by nobility/upper merchants/those-dealing-with-large-amounts-of-funds and those within the city

Added: 04/03/06
Level Up Rules

The system is based on “points” – with which you can increase your character’s performance in an area(or areas) of your choice. Points can be “stored” and kept for later use.

3 to 7 points are awarded* (per mission/quest/story advance/DM’s discretion)
*(sometimes this may be more or less depending on the situation – there will be exceptions to this rule)

Costs are as follows:
An attribute costs 8 points to increase to 2 or 3; it costs 12 points to raise to 4 and 16 to raise to 5
A skill raised to Novice level costs 2 point
A skill raised to Expert level costs 4 points
A skill raised to Master level costs 6 points

Adding new spells to a magic sphere costs:
5 points first spell
7 points second spell
10 points third spell
15 fourth spell
20 fifth spell

Martial skills raised to Acolyte cost 3 points
Martial skills raised to Expert cost 5 points
Martial skills raised to Master cost 7 points

Signature Attack: Minor costs 10 points
Signature Attack: Major costs 15 points

Important: There are several ways of justifying your newfound abilities – the most common is:
You must train “IC” when adding new skills, magic or whatnot. Either before or after you add it. That way you don’t just suddenly “gain” a skill with no prior training.

Alternately, another path is to say the character always knew it but never realised it – this isn’t a good choice unless it’s well RPed however. Such as suffering from amnesia and slowly recovering memories, or memories of a past life.

Thirdly, there is the “awakening” classic DnD “sorcerer” style method – where a character awakens to his newfound abilities. Again, this is a bit of a cop-out, but in certain situations, having a “trigger” can be played very well.

Finally remember that just because you’ve added it to your sheet, you need not actually use it immediately. More often, it is better to wait and justify everything IC before actually ever using an ability.

~~~
Edit: I hate tags and keyboards that aren't sensitive enough to know when you hit the keys...

[ 03-04-2006, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 07-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #9
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Here is a character sheet template - please use it.

Character Sheet Template

Name:

Height:
Weight:
Build:
Skin Tone:
Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:

Level-Up Points:

Atributes
Str
End
Agi
Int
Aur
Per
Spr

Skills

Magic
Major:
Minor:

Weapon Mastery
Mastery:
Acolyte:

Inventory

Background
Apperance & Personality:
Biography:

Anything else you feel should be added...

[ 01-27-2006, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 07-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #10
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Sample Character Sheet (& my NPC):
Updates
Previous: 27-01-06
Most Recent: 04/03/06

Name: Isokla

Height: 5'8
Weight: It isn't polite to ask a girl her weight
Build: Slender
Skin Tone: Ashen-fair
Hair Colour: Silver
Eye Colour: Pale Blue - like water opals

Level up points: 2

Attributes
Str 1
End 2
Agi 3
Int 2
Aur 3
Per 2
Spr 4

Skills 7/5/3

Physical - "Athletics"
Acrobatics (Adept)
Riding (Novice)
Swimming (Novice)

Misc/Worldly:
Alchemism (Adept)
Herbalism (Mastery)
Tracking (Novice)
Stealth (Novice)
Gem Cutting (Adept)
Tailoring (Adept)
Crafting: Metallurgy Jewellery-making (Novice)

Mental:
Knowledges: Anatomy [Humanoid](Novice)
Knowledges: Astrology (Novice)
Knowledges: Astronomy (Novice)
Knowledges: Mysticism (Adept)
Concentration (Mastery)
Discipline (Mastery)

Magic
Major: N/A
Minor: Healing, Ice, Hidden

Spells:
Cure
Antidote
Heal
Freezing Touch
Diamond Shards
Ice Strike
Conceal

Weapon Mastery
Mastery: Dagger (thrown & melee)
Acolyte: N/A

Signature Attack
Cutting the Wind: Thrown daggers/knives return to her hand after striking the target with deathly accuracy. She can pierce with precision accuracy, striking anywhere on the target's body - though she normally aims for a nerve point. Recalling the dagger is optional.
Fan of Blades: Isokla can throw multiple daggers at once, in a 360 degrees arc around her if she so chooses. Up to three daggers may be thrown per 90 degrees arc. In addition, for this one attack, if Isokla is using her 'fan blades', she can have her daggers split off at the hilt into three shards and reform them after the battle is over. These daggers do not return unless 'called'.

Special Power
Isokla can recall any of her daggers at any given time, as long as she is within range. The range varies, but as long as she has a clear line of sight, or knows where they are, she can recall them easily. If they are close to her, but she cannot see them, she may also recall them - if they are further away and out of sight, she cannot.

Inventory
Clothes: Dress, Sandals, Cloak, Scarf, Undergarments, etc
Jewellery: Earrings, Necklace, Ring
Satchel
Set of Silver Fan Daggers* (x3)
Belt Dagger
Belt Purse (x2)
Herbs
Antidote Vial (x2)
Medicinal Vial (x3)
Poison Vial (x2)
Empty Glass Vial (x4)
Light-Focusing Gem (Like a magnifying glass, but an actual gem)
Sewing Needles
Bolts of Cloth (x2) (8"x5")
Whetstone
Waterskin (x2)
Willow Switch 'prodding stick'

- Purse of several silver coins:
Silver Crowns (x2)
Large Silver Pennies (x5)
Small Silver Pennies (x10)
Golden Penny (x1)
Golden Sovereign (x1)

Tuition fees from Kagarioni; Single Golden Sovereign upfront & One Golden Penny per month

*(Fan Daggers may not only be thrown, but contain additional twin blades secreted in the hilt that activate on command, essentially creating a three bladed dagger, though the two outer edges are shorter than the mainstay blade)

Background

Appearance & Personality:
Isokla is a striking young woman with elegantly refined features, a slender form and flowing silvery hair. Her eyes are pale blue, often compared to 'water opals' and if not for a shade lighter, would be counted as 'grey'. Although not one for physically prowess, she is strong in mind, soul and spirit, if not body. Despite this, her nature seems warm though not entirely open. Certain events in her past have made her wary and guarded against strangers, but to those she in need, she offers her aid freely.

Attiring herself in a simple, yet elegant dress of creamy-white, Isokla appears at once, both regal and graceful, but at the same time, common. Her dress hugs her trim form snugly, but is of a tasteful cut, giving her an aura of refinement. In addition, she adorns herself with a cloud-grey cloak and scarf, the former of which falls almost to her sandals. At her left side is her satchel, which hangs down from her shoulder and at her belt, two pouches and a dagger sheath.

Her only visible jewellery are a single silver sapphire stud in her right lobe and a long, dangling fine silver chain ending in a etched disc in her left, and a slender silver necklace studded with two grey sapphires and ending in a pendant. Both the disc on her earring and the pendant on her necklace are round circles, as big as her thumbnail, each intricately etched with crescent and planetary rings and comet designs. A seven pointed star is the focus of each disc and a tiny blue-moonstone-sapphire is set within the centre of each.
Although she does not wear it, she also has a ring with the same insignia upon it wrapped away in velvet within a pouch she keeps carefully concealed.

Biography:

Hidden, for now (or rather, when I write one up)

In-game Clues to her personality...
- Isokla seems a traditionalist when it comes to gender issues, firmly believing that women should not fight in battles nor wear armour as men do
- Isokla has a strong sense of duty, responsibility and dedication to those who consider her their mentor/master and will feel slighted if she feels they show her up, subsequently apologising to those they are rude/abrasive to. She feels that her students should follow her lead, set by example, and if she feels a person is worthy of being 'leader', then her students should acknowledge that too, whether they agree or not. Isokla believes that what she does is for her student's own good, and feels that she has failed them if she does not maintain a sense of decency, however harsh it may appear. Because of that, she will insist that her students maintain a certain level of standards, such as dining properly, basic manners and if they are noble-born, then acting as such.

Notes:
Because she's an NPC that will follow the party, I've chosen not to neglect giving her "Mastery" in order for her to be of some use to the group. But, if she wasn't with the group, I would most likely have toned her down a lot more then she is already.

~~~

Just so you know, your sheet can be as simple or as detailed as you wish. This one's a bit more detailed then need be, but I prefer it that way. How you do yours is up to you however, though, I would ask that you follow the template. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-04-2006, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Closed Thread