Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-04-2000, 03:38 PM   #1
willy1

All right, if you like me and your playing without hacks, bugs, or anything that gives you something the Game Masters hadn't planned on being there, here are some tips.

First, GET A GOOD THIEF! I don’t cheat, but I have always be one easily seduced by the dark side. I put pickpocket, int, and dex into my thief at a slight expense to his attack. Believe me, this tactic paid off! First, the stout mines. You can "burrow" the treasury key from the Stout king. From there, you can go a lil to the right in his throne room and get urself some gold and 2 extra pairs of dragon armor. You can get the armor without even taking one step into the dangerous mines. (But where is the fun in that?, =P). Also, on the same level there are his treasuries. Raskilion, the fool, only managed to get u into one of the treasury chambers. There are 4 such chambers, each with about 6 chest. One of which has a monster, the rest are $$$$$$$$. I had my thief full of gold bars! Worth up 500 gold!!! Not to mention the various items and bags of gold. And if you can id them...ouch! Also, my thief had about 70 gems. Every stout from the guards to the miners has a gem or two!

All right, moving on...the quest to give Torin his arrow. I had 4 chars in the bushi dojo. So, I gave him 4 arrows. He gave me 4 2nd swords +1. I forget the name. But all the same, those swords are with over 1k! So I got to thinking "Why does he need those arrows? We know he isn’t going to kill the dragon, you need it!" So my thief gave the arrows to someone who might need them, me! Well, I found out u can keep giving him the arrows then taking them back. He is sooo silly. He doesn’t even see that you have given him the same arrow over and over. Now, I will admit this is borderline cheating, but it could be argued as a fair tactic. Everyone knows, stupidity is a thief’s target, and by allowing you to steal his arrows and give them back for a reward is ignorant! So he is a plump target, begging to be cheated.

Finally, I am just now starting the dragon spire. Who knows what riches are out there, just waiting for a thief to take them! So, if your like me and your in a constant state of gold-need, STEAL!!! Just make sure you save before you try. Even my 18 dex, 11 pickpocket fails now and then.

Oh yea, keep in mind it is just a game! I am not a thief in RL, so it feels good to be on in a ROLE PLAYING GAME. Cuz I doubt any of you are wizards =P. Thus being a evil thief is EXCEPTED and APPROVED by the game masters. Or else there wouldn’t be the steal function.

Black Hand 4ever
Willy1 =P

Old 11-04-2000, 10:27 PM   #2
Dave1

hehe, I used to try the thief tactic but now all I do is take my wonderful barbarian, make him take out his sword, and kill anything, friend or foe that he sees. Then after they are dead, snatch up all the goodies they drop. It is way more easier. I even was able to become a assasin by killing the rat thief in Ishad N'ia.

Old 11-04-2000, 10:34 PM   #3
willy1

Hehe, that way isnt always easier =P

The stout king noticed me steal from him the first time I tried. Well, I thought I would finish him, just to see how hard he is before I reload. Well, heh by the time I got through all 6 of my heroes attacking, there were about 20 stouts all over me heh. Not exactly easier than lifting his purse without pissing him off. Not to mention the fact you need some people. I belive there are sevearl of them that if you kill them b4 they help you, game over.

Willy1

Old 11-04-2000, 10:36 PM   #4
Dave1

I usually beat all of the levels the characters afftect before I kill them. Some firstorms should kill the stout king off(and anyone else pissing you off) very easily.

Old 11-05-2000, 07:15 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

If you steal from someone and fail, cast a charm spell and he/she will be your friend again.