Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-15-2001, 11:13 PM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I have 2 questions:

1.) I'm in the graveyard crypt (Aran Linvail sent me there to finish off that rival guild) and I'm having some serious troubles. These Vampires will not cease in their Energy Drain, and they have this knack for casting Domination on my characters. I have killed Lassal, and now I have a few Vampires to kill yet I think. And then there's that Clay Golem and I have 1 Mace +1 which seems to be the only weapon I have that will hurt the stupid thing. We all have somewhere around 400,000 XP. I have summoned Fire and Earth Elementals, which are some help. My party consists of a Kensai, Aerie, Yoshimo, Minsc, Jaheira and Nalia.

2.) Where can I get a decent magical katana. I have a katana +1 and a regular katana in my offhand. I need more because my kensai is lagging behind the rest of my party in magical weapons pretty bad (that and I'm tired of hearing 'My weapon has no effect!')

Could anyone help me? I'm in serious need of it, those Vampires are really getting annoying.

-Jafin

EDIT: I would also like to say that I don't want to cheat to do this either

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 11:19 PM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

1. What do you want to know. I couldn't see a question in that.

2. Try getting celestial fury and the Zerth blade.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-15-2001, 11:27 PM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
1. What do you want to know. I couldn't see a question in that.

2. Try getting celestial fury and the Zerth blade.

JR

Ok, guess I wasn't clear on the first one. First off, am I at a high enough level and how can I avoid the energy drain? And any other helpful hints for beating the crap out of the many Vampires and greater ghouls that infest this place.

I found out where to get the Celestial Fury, in the Temple District, but where do I get the Zerth Blade?

-Jafin

------------------

Old 10-15-2001, 11:37 PM   #4
Burrtoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Zerth comes from a bonus merchant in the Copper Coronet. You can download it, but I'll have to find the link. I think it's members.home.net/mrkevvy .

Did you get the amulet of power from Aran? Minsc can't wear it, but Jaheira can. There is a helm of charm protection that you can get early in the game, but I forgot where it's at. Those two items on Jah should do it, just make sure she's taking all of the hits. And don't forget about the cleric spell Negative Plane Protection. Aerie should be able to cast that.

The Toe
Old 10-15-2001, 11:42 PM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Burrtoe:
Zerth comes from a bonus merchant in the Copper Coronet. You can download it, but I'll have to find the link. I think it's members.home.net/mrkevvy .

Did you get the amulet of power from Aran? Minsc can't wear it, but Jaheira can. There is a helm of charm protection that you can get early in the game, but I forgot where it's at. Those two items on Jah should do it, just make sure she's taking all of the hits. And don't forget about the cleric spell Negative Plane Protection. Aerie should be able to cast that.

The Toe
Thank you, I don't think Aerie has Negative Plane Protection yet (I think I'm a level too low) but Jaheira does. Yeah I got the Amulet of Power, don't know where the Helm of Charm Protection is but I could look around, search on the forum or have plenty of charm person/dispel magic spells memorized .

-Jafin

------------------

Old 10-15-2001, 11:51 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Try the cleric spells falls dawn and sunray on the vamps.

JR

Old 10-16-2001, 12:00 AM   #7
Burrtoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The spell Negative Plane Protection doesn't last very long, just 4 rounds I think. Barely enough for one fight. But the amulet of power has that effect on it and it's permanent while worn. And it has casting haste too.

The Toe
Old 10-16-2001, 05:03 AM   #8
Lord Exxon

The ring of free action also grants you level drain immunity + 100% magic resistance

------------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-16-2001, 05:07 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Exxon:
The ring of free action also grants you level drain immunity + 100% magic resistance
That ring is a developer's item, left in the game but accessible only by cheating or by a bug.

The actual legimate Ring of Free Action in the game does not confer those bonuses.