Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
Mellagar

Arrow

-
-
-
-
-
**SPOILERS GIVEN AWAY LIKE CHEAP WINE HERE**

When you return to Baldur's Gate, after having narrowly escaped from Candlekeep, the guards come to arrest you, if you're seen. The first time through I admitted myself to arrest and had a talk with Angelo. He ended up killing one of my party members, which was a suck. Since then I decided to run from the coppers. However, the urge to play again has risen, and I was wondering if there's a way to speak with Jiggalo, without getting anyone killed. The reason I ask this is when I played BGII, and went to get the iron ore, for the temple, from the wack job who helps you escape the prison in BG, Jaheira blurts out "He's the killer from Baldur's Gate!" Well I never got arrested so it doesn't make much sense. I also found the arresting scene interesting and listening to the nutcase amusing. I did not, however, find a corpse for a party member humorous.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I haven't played BG in years, but I'm fairly sure he kills party members based on dialogue options. Perhaps if you were more respectful to him he wouldn't react so violently.

As for Neb... SoA assumes you take certain paths. They assume you talked to Neb, helped Viconia and let her go, and had the party members you did.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

In my experience, he kills a party member who fills a specific party slot... number 4 I think...
Old 04-28-2005, 04:12 AM   #4
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

if your nice to him like choose dialog 1? i think he doesnt kill any members, at least he didnt when i played. because i reloaded when he did and tried each option and i think the nice one got your though, then you talk the the little stooge in jail and get free! but you can avoid capture totally i think
Old 04-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

You need Algeron's cloak(a cloak of charm person) or you can travel via the sewers(guards won't follow you into the sewers).

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:12 AM   #6
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

it may be a charisma check