Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
armakh
Manshoon

Ok...how the *bleep* do you kill the Maker? I'm an 11/11 Monk/Rogue w/Deekin. I'm all buffed up and I'm using the Hin Fist gloves +7. I can only get him to "injured". Any tips or tricks?

Also, I haven't done a magic class yet. What's the spell that turns the floor into a brownish swamp thing with little geyser things that come and swallow you up for 90+ damage? I hate that stupid spell.

While we're at it...does anyone have suggestions for a melee weapon for Deekin? I'm letting him level as he chooses, which is mostly RDD.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The spell is horrid wilting...Nice spell, if you're the one using it. I beat him with a rogue, but I had a sanctuary scroll, and pillaged the room for stuff to use.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

I defeated the Maker as a rogue by laying holy traps down on a path from the maker's room back to the mirror trap. As I recall this took him down to near death and made him easier to finish.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
Witchdoctor
Dungeon Master

I defeated him with a (by then) epic monk imported from the original campaign, after I got all my stuff back, including all those henchmen quest rings & amulets with a lot of plus dex, plus wis, some strength enhancements and then an over-enchanted kama from the drow weapon smith. It was still a tough fight and I had to teleport away with the talisman a couple times to heal. I also went through buffing and heal potions like water. It was a close fight and I almost didn't survive it.

I also defeated the maker with a fighter/RDD/bard I constructed from scratch for HOTU, meaning I manually did the first 15 levels, then played him through HOTU. I had maxed the RDD to 10 to get all the strength etc benefits and put the rest of levels into fighter. I had one initial level of bard to qualify for RDD, then later took a 2nd level of bard and used a whole bunch of hoarded skill points to get a really high use magic device skill, which let the character use magic scrolls & wands. I mainly used the scrolls (highest level spell mantles etc I could find/buy) along with buffing potions for defenses, then relied on the fighter with dragon strength and that vorpel sword for offense. This was a much easier fight than the monk had. I forget what level total he was, but probably getting close to epic? I hadn't taken the 2nd bard level until 16.

Of course, I have to admit a fighter/bard/RDD is a bit of a munchkin; he was purposefully constructed to be a powerful melee fighter. Both the monk and fighter did go solo, though, which is why they get to slightly higher character levels, not sharing XP with henchmen.
Witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
armakh
Manshoon

So here's the story, and the irony of it kills me. I started the fight, ran for my life up the stairs to the golem room. I used the chase time to heal myself and my trusty kobold. I beat up on him until he decided to use that stupid fire shield. But the ironic thing is that all of his creations decided to help me instead of him. So they were beating the heck out of him while he had his fire shield up. Tired of their rebellion, he killed all that came to my aid, but by that time he was near death and I came back in to kill him.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #6
Witchdoctor
Dungeon Master

That is pretty cool that his summoned creatures would turn on him. I remember that happening in Baldur's Gate I & II with summoned creatures when some spell (usually fireball) my wizard used was an area of effect type spell with lots of splash damage and the summoned creatures were damaged along with the hostiles. Your own summoned creatures then treat you like you attacked them and become hostile. It is kind of nice to know that it works both ways and a hostile NPC magic user can have the same thing happen to them. The maker must of used some spell that damages everyone in the target area whether frendly or hostile.
Witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #7
armakh
Manshoon

Naah..they weren't summoned..they were his Children. After I killed Aghaz, all of the bronze and silver golems were loyal to me and joined in the fight when I brought dear old "dad" upstairs to play.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #8
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Sounds like you found a interesting twist on the story line. I don't know of anyone until now that actually dragged the maker back up stairs to face his children. I just took him out: first as a mage which allowed me to make a great shield golem for later use and recently as a druid ( I had help from the drowess and the tiefing). Its little twists like this that make for a better story. By the way were there any silver or bronze golems left or will you now be without their aid in the coming battle of against the valsharess.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #9
armakh
Manshoon

There are still some hanging around down there, but daddy killed all of them that came to my aid. As for the battle-I'll let you know when I get there.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #10
armakh
Manshoon

I still had two battle golems come to my aid. Are there usually more? Nothing from Ferron or any smaller golems, though..