Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2001, 01:47 PM   #1
ronan
The Magister

I am probably being entirely thick here but i got to firewine bridge through the mines. Iwandered around and met a bard and killed a chap who said he was the best swordsmwn etc... Am i completely missing the point? What am i supposed to do?
Old 11-13-2001, 04:36 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

Well, you're supposed to enter the Firewine Ruins by the door at the southern end of the bridge. You'll then get into a kind of maze with a few traps and some pretty tough monsters. It's easy enough, provided you're a couple levels into the game.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:08 AM   #3
Sean
Dungeon Master

You fat tit
Old 11-15-2001, 11:02 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Is that better or worse than being a scrawny tit?
Old 11-16-2001, 07:37 AM   #5
Attila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmmmmmmm a message for Arledrian, i think u said that the secret passage was easy enough... This is something i dont understand or agree with, im not sure if im either daft or just crap but that part of the game was the hardest in the entire game, for me anyway... what made it so easy? i can tell u why it was so hard... first of all, all those damn Kobold Commandos are position so well and respawn so often it is just too hard, how can one do anything against 50million commandos pumping fire arrows up ur ass... so about the derogatory language. The first time round it was definately my most hated moment in my bg1 playing career. Please if u have any advice on this matter please tell, my tactics have all failed obviously because i have found it so hard, i wouldn't mind nippicking all ur strategies
Old 11-16-2001, 07:48 AM   #6
ronan
The Magister

SPOILERS

Entirely true Attila. I did find my way in thyanks to everyone's help but I just got frustrated because the passqages were so narrow I couldn't manouevre my party very well, kobolds kept on popping out of thin air, usually peppering Dynaheir with fire arrows and ending her short but illustrious career, and in the end I just got the hell out of the whole frustrating area. PANTS! I did manage to find a ghost knight and return his armour and met some halflings. Did I miss anything?
Old 11-16-2001, 07:50 AM   #7
ronan
The Magister

What in the name of frickety happened there?
Old 11-18-2001, 11:09 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Load up on any fire protection spells you got, then use the "peek-a-boo" technique. Send your thief ahead to scout for traps, when he/she runs into a kobold, run away back to the party. Some kobolds will follow, some will not. Seems like though the kobolds only have so many shots, then they run out of arrows and run towards you, easy prey then. When you get to end with the mage and the golems, just toss in some skeletons ahead of you to help take them out.

Hard level no doubt. I had to move my NPCs one at a time, and save every time I killed anything, inched along, got through it with patience

Whew!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 12:17 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Having trouble maneuvering the party? Don't take the party. Use just 2 guys, one for finding the traps, one for killing Kobolds. Yes, the Kobolds respawn very quickly, and they ALL respawn if you Reload the level, so Saving often kinda backfires on you. And remember that little room near the entrance (the only place in the whole maze where there's room to fight)? They tend to respawn a lot there, so that's where I leave my party. They can't re-appear while the area's being watched.
Old 11-19-2001, 03:30 AM   #10
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

It also helps to push up you best fighter with all armor and potions for lowering the AC you have (and maybe some special items against missile weapons). My main char had an AC of -5 or -6 and the kobolds almost never hit him.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote