Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:25 PM   #281
Keal

Keal

"Hmmmmmmmmm," Keal said,"Why not, right? If you wanted to see him couldn't you just use your magic?" He didn't know much abut magic only the small basics, and not even all the basics. "I hate bandits. They ruffed me up pretty good, they got a hold of my armor and sword, all they left me with was this old knife. They beat me for killing one of their stronger 'partners' I guess you coulld say."
Old 02-25-2006, 12:38 AM   #282
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Isokla overhearing Zak's tale kept her opinions to herself, snorting silently every so often. It was clear she did not believe a word of his apparent 'excuses' - or so it came across to her. She did not bother to comment on Keal's opinions either, and instead, the young woman walked over to the river.

The figure shuffled around at the edge of the clearing, still not noticing the group, but was now blatently obvious for the group to see.

Isokla made no move to talk to or disturb the figure, instead filling her flask with riverwater.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #283
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Contrary to Isokla, Nivram was in a quite gullible state and believed at first what Zakaria was saying. To him, the first half of the story was at least believable. But as the story went on with Keal's interjections even Nivram started having his doubts. He could not be quite sure of how true the story Zakaria was telling was. Only Zakaria could know whether what he was saying was true or not.

All while Zakaria had been speaking Nivram watched the man, studying his face, the emotions playing on it. Zakaria did not know how much more his facial expressions betrayed than what he said did. To Nivram, who had trained himself in learning human emotions and psychological states, Zakaria was becoming something like an open book.

He seemed to be easily led by others with greater willpower or people, who had charisma and could easily convince others. Him serving the assassin master and his cousin, who had readily admitted to sending out bandits, seemed to strengthen this belief in Nivram. Killing these people as soon as he learnt of their treachery, was proof to Zakaria not likeing being manipulated.

As far as he did not know that he was manipulated, it seemed that the man did not care about serving others. This was what Nivram guessed from his story, and in the time it took him to reach this conclusion, Keal had finished speaking.

Nivram replied, because it was expected of him to reply. He had been the one, who had requested Zakaria to recount his tale.

"It is a sad tale, with blood and dead bodies aplenty." - Nivram paused, thinking of what to say. "It must have been hard for you to bring up these memories of your past, Zakaria, therefore I thank you for sharing your story."

Nivram felt a slight bit more comfortable next to Zakaria now, knowing what the man was capable of.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:51 PM   #284
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zakaria nodded.My dark emotions that refine my magic sometimes get loose on the world.I'm sorry if they've caused you any bad feelings toward me.

[ 02-25-2006, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 02-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #285
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

The boy scanned the ford for strange currents below, and glanced up and down the river Ryr. He frowned at the younger woods on the other side of the stream, and finally turned his attention towards the group.

"Lady, gentlemen, great you get along so well now," he began.
"We reached the ford, and once we cross our agreement is ended. Those of you heading back to the village Ryndar can follow the river downstream. To the right that is. The rest of you adventuring travelers can go where you please.
Me, I'm going to Talryr. It's a city nearby and I've business there."

Ydalon turned to Isokla, smirking. There was something satisfying in swinging gates wide open, but in this he didn't trust himself completely. He thought back to the rabbit with regrets.

"I'd be delighted if the lady'd lend me a few days of her time.
"The rest of you are welcome to fall in behind, there's bound to be a need for you there, and supplies. Not to mention we'll be safer from the Lords."

Again, there was a hint of misplaced cheer in his words.

"But those plans are yours to make. I'll be there 'til morning."

He pointed across the river, and began to cross it.

[ 02-27-2006, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #286
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Ydalon had experience which went beyond his years, and actions which, if he continued acting the way he did, could carry him a future where he became a leader of men. He had natural charisma and it seemed a born ability in being able to convince others into following him.

"Talryr is as good a place as any other one, for me to look for any trace of my sister, so if it does not bother you, I ask to travel with you."

With that Nivram waded into the cool water, wincing only slightly as the cold currents washed over his shoes, and inside them.

[ 02-27-2006, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 02-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #287
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Without a word, Isokla followed Ydalon in complete silence. Although crossing the river with apparent ease, a look of dismay was etched on her features as she picked her way across.

Once over the river, she smacked Ydalon in the arm and hissed, "Why didn't you warn the others of the river's bottom? Its sand and mud... with only a few scatterings of pebbles. It's too easy to get stuck." she sighed, "I think I lost part of my shoe." Now on the opposite bank, she reached down and removed her sandal, "It’s the strap. Oh well, I’ve tonight to fix it.” she shot Ydalon a dirty look. "So what is this ‘business’ of yours, sir knight?”

---
OOC: I know that’s not a long post, but I’m going to wait for you others to post your reactions and what you intend to do before moving the game along.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:08 PM   #288
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

Ydalon gave her a blank look. Warn them? he thought.

"Warn them?"

I've passed here before and I never...

"You're right, they do look a bit heavier."

He shrugged, walking on.

"But they're skilled travellers, they'll cope. I want to make a fire and cook up a bite right now."

Already looking for a proper campsite, he'd forgotten all about their mysterious company. Wandering around all day was great, and recklessness a thrill. Strangers were an interesting puzzle, but he'd be a fool to skip his meals.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #289
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"I guess you're right..." Isokla acknowledged, taking in Ydalon's comment. "I just dislike my sandals breaking as they're wont to."

Following him, she nodded as he found his campsite. "If you wish, I will prepare a fire and food?" she arched an eyebrow, bending to pick up a fallen stick as she did so. "If you want to dig a fire pit, I'll collect the wood for it?" she offered. Despite having the mannerisms of a noble, it seemed that Isokla was not beyond offering to perform the most basic of chores. "That is, unless you've something against me joining you?" She asked lightly with a warm smile.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #290
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

"My father lives in Telryr," he said in answer to her question of dining, "Or did the last I heard."

He made no effort to keep his words private, though the river swallowed some of his talk. Ydalon wasn't going to grow a steady, low voice any time soon.

"In fact he's boroughmaster there. Pretty dull really, but not to him."

The boy began digging the firepit, though he lacked a proper shovel. There was a rich measure of resentment in his stance.

"We won't be seeing him. He's no mind for the likes of me anyway. You know, with distractions and arguments and all. We're hardly related by now."

Again a shrug.

"I'm not complaining. I've seen some families who...
"They are much worse off,"
he concluded abruptly.
"Let me just work on this pit a minute."
Closed Thread