Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:49 AM   #271
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram nearly snorted out, when Zakaria spoke to him as though nothing had happened. He only barely managed to stop a renewed outburst. Zakaria's words only confirmed what he had thought about the man earlier. Zakaria spoke great words, yet did not back them up with action.

Nivram did not have any more time to think, as Ydalon explained to them what they were going to do.

Next to the river, Nivram lowered himself onto a flat rock next to the water, and leaning down filled his water bottle in the river.

He was alerted by the sound of some strange creature not far away. Nivram tried listening closer, but the sound did not repeat itself, all he heard was the sound of the river barely a foot away from him.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #272
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zakaria had noticed that he wasn't really in good graces with any of the group,so he decided to try to fix a past mistake.He slowly walked up behind Nivram,not wanting another argument,moving slowly so that it was clear that he was not going to be hostile.May I speak with you? I wish to right an earlier wrong.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:40 AM   #273
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram did not remember even himself having faster, radical changes in mood, or opinion than what Zakaria was now showing. The man was a psychological unknown to Nivram, readable in his different moods, but not known when he was going to change moods. Much as Nivram himself in this aspect. But not so in others.

"Speak." - Nivram said without turning back towards Zakaria, who spoke from behind him. "You may try writing your wrong, but I shall never forget that it happened." - he added, then fell silent, allowing Zakaria to say whatever he wanted.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #274
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

He nodded.I understand why you were angry earlier.I didn't mean what i said in the way you thought i did.I did not know those people very well but i will mourn their deaths.They were good people.As for the fact that we almost came to exchanging blows,i'm sorry.I cant control myself sometimes.If you would like the in-depth story on why,I would be willing to tell it.Zak waited.It was the first real invitation into his past he had ever given.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #275
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram turned to face Zakaria, a somewhat curious expression on his face. He definitely agreed with Zakaria's assessment of him not being able to control himself at times, the sad thing was that this also applied to Nivram himself at times.

"Apology accepted." - Nivram said, meaning it. "An in-depth explanation would be welcome also, yes." - he added. Learning more about Zakaria would help him find out why the man acted the way he did, and prepare for what could happen in the future.

[ 02-25-2006, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 02-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #276
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Telryn sighed in relief as they reached the river. A rest was more than welcome, and his water supply was running low.

Walking over to the water he laid his backpack on the floor, rummaging through his possessions before removing five, medium sized water skins; four empty, the fifth half-full.
One by one he unscrewed the tops, filling them up with the water as he did.

"I just hope this water is fresh enough to drink," He muttered to himself as he filled the last of his skins.

Zakaria and Nirvam were speaking quietly just a bit further down the river. Not making an attempt to listen, he tried to drown out the mumbling by splashing some of the water intentionally.

"I hope they don't come to blows," The huge man thought to himself.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #277
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

"Quit yer bellyachin'" rumbled Detheriel good-naturedly, trying somewhat unsuccessfully to emulate the gruffer tones of the warrior.

"This, my friend, is as pure as it gets. Drink up, whilst you still have the chance! With a wink, he leaned over conspiratorially: "I'll wager it's more refreshing than any swill you can buy in the city!" he teased.

He set his pack upon a broad moss-covered branch that extended out over the river and proceeded to empty and fill both his waterskins, humming a small ditty under his breath.

Detheriel was in high spirits indeed; the babbling of the river was as music to his ears and it looked like the risk of infighting had lessened as the group grew used to working together.

Having comparatively less to do, Detheriel replaced the skins in his pack before walking over to where Telryn was crouched. I wonder if there is time for a swim he wondered to himself. Discipline, Detheriel! he reminded himself quickly.

Looking down at the ground, his attention was held by a large beetle scurrying along the ground. Its carapace was black but with a prominent red and white diamond shape on the back - it was this that had caught his eye. Having never seen anything quite like it before he bent down to follow its movements closely, watching as it negotiated the many obstacles in its tiny path.

Intent upon his observations, Detheriel suddenly frowned. He reached out to still Telryn's arm, allowing the disturbed waters to settle into their normal quietly-running flow.

(Edits for spelling and additions.)

[ 02-17-2006, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 02-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #278
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak nodded.After my family was destroyed,I went to train with a family friend.He tought me more swordfighting techniques,and some basic magic.However, he also was trying to turn me into an assasin,at first,I didn't notice,until he started sending me on missions.By the time i was fourteen,I had killed thirtythree men,woman,and once a child.I made a friend,his name was Keal.He showed me the truth.The people I were killing were not evil as I was told.By then the rage and anger i felt had turned itself into my "black magic" as i call it sometimes.I confronted my trainer,he tried to kill me,saying that they had gotten my soul.I had no sword, so i used my energy.And I destroyed him,nothing was left but bones,the house was in flames,and city gaurds were coming.I said a final fairwell to my best friend of three years,and headed for my cousins castle.he lowered his head and waited for a question or response.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #279
Keal

Keal
Keal had remembered this story and for the most part, "I don't really think you knew any better. Your master told you those men were evil what else were you to do?"Keal looked over at Zak and said, "Who were you hunting and where did you go," Keal wanted to know the parts he hadn't already known.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:01 PM   #280
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

After I left the village,I decided to get some weapons,I had been trained for a certain kind of work so I dressed in a garb that I felt would help me get away if needed. I bought a few daggers and some food.I went to a more reliable family friend for a map to my cousin's castle.Then, I went back to my father's house,found the painting holding family heirlooms, and took my sword and rings.I then headed to my cousins castle. On my way there,I stumbled across two bandits, roughing up this girl, I didn't know if they were the right ones but it didn't matter, I killed them just the same.I hunted that group of bandits for years and have only killed twenty of them.I keep and sell back any useful items i find on them.Eventually, I reached my cousins'.I told him what had become of us,of my family,but he already knew.It was his father that had hired the bandits.He told me that because I alone had survived that I could join his ranks,become a commander,but i wasn't sure at the time.He said he understood. Two weeks later he tried to kill me in my sleep,so i immolated him on the spot.I ran away, from everyone, myself included.I went to a mage tower and learnd to control my magic by a man that I still consider a good friend. I wonder if I shall ever see him again.
Closed Thread