Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:06 AM   #251
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

He stuffed he map of the stars away as though stung.

"Hah, superior? No, I... Well, obviously I was trying to calm the situation. Not that I'm sure they're all bright enough to understand. Men are clearly superior in most ways, you know? Or most are."

The boy decided it was time to change the topic now rather than later.

"Hey, say, I would like your help with this star business. I know enough to see it's wrong but I'm no expert yet. Maybe in fifty years or so I will be but I don't plan to wait for that.
"Once these people are across the river, I'm headed for Talryr. They've manpower and arms there, it's a right stronghold against the Lords. I've to arrange a few things there before we can advance this map mystery, and meanwhile we'll be safe enough from those bandits.
"I wonder what's taking them?"

Old 01-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #252
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

Detheriel was always the calmest out of the travellers here. Pretty lucky too, or else they'd probably have killed each other by now. Telryn didn't like the arguments, in his eyes they were pointless. Why should either of them have to put up with each other if they did not like each other, and from the look of things they certainly did not.

"Let us just carry on," Telryn muttered quietly, trying to involve himself just enough, without sending him headfirst into the arguments.
he trudged along after Detheriel.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #253
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Seeing Telryn fall into step behind him, Detheriel smiled and waited for the big man to catch up. Privately he was glad that Telryn had shown such restraint, proving that his initial impressions of the man were at least somewhat accurate. Besides, he thought, I would hate to waste arrows on travelling companions.

As they trudged across the field together he glanced at Telryn with a wry smile. "It shall be interesting to see if our Conscience can be provoked into revealing her true self", he ventured. Sighing, he inhaled deeply, glad that the brisk prevailing wind had pushed the smoke away from the immediate area. "Still, I'm glad all that unpleasantness is over with; the world already provides us with enough strife for any man."

Invigorated by the breeze, Detheriel reached into his pack and pulled out his last waterskin, taking a healthy swig with relish. Offering it to Telryn, he reminded himself to pause at the river to refill his supplies.

[ 01-25-2006, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 01-25-2006, 04:58 PM   #254
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

The sun shone down on Telryn as he accepted Detheriel's water skin, taking a small sip before handing him it back. Finally, a friendly face.

"Aye, it will be interesting, to say the least," He answered with a smile, "The unpleasantness is unnecessary. Everyone getting along would make things a lot easier."

He sighed before adding "Even though I don't think that will happen."

They walked across the field, not knowing where they were heading, but following this Ydalon anyway.
He reminded Telryn of a guard he once knew. Confident, a definate leader. He was the first in on a morning, and the first home at the evenings.
That guard didn't end up well. Killed by foolishly running head first into a well-planned trap. Adventurers should really learn that not all battles can be won by charging in bravely. If Ydalon would end up like that, he didn't know, but he wouldn't make the same mistake twice. His hand unintentially raised to his left cheek, feeling the fading scar. I shouldn't dwell on past mistakes.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:24 PM   #255
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

As Zak started walking,he decided to run next to Ydalon and talk with him for a little while.Zakaria realized he hadn't really spoken to him since this adventure began.I would like to formally request that we find somewhere to stop,my magic is pretty much gone and unless I rest and regain my strength, i'll be almost useless in a fight.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #256
Keal

Keal

"Well I guess he's not up to fighting. I would put that dagger away someone might be threatened. Oh and I don't recall seeing you before, but its possible," Keal said trying to recall,"Nope I doubt we've met, I'm from around here though," Keal said as he walked away with the rest of the group,"Yeah I say we find somewhere to rest, I need to get me a sword, I'm not much against someone with a real weapon with just this Dagger, but I can hold my own for now if you can't wait."

[ 01-25-2006, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Keal ]
Old 01-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #257
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

That was it? He just walked away like that? Big words and then no deeds to follow them up... - Nivram thought to himself as he sheethed his dagger.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Keal." - he said in a cheerful voice, which betrayed in no way that less than half a minute later he had been ready for bloodshed.

Nivram walked slowly after Keal, and so it took him several minutes to catch up with the group. When he got there he purposefully avoided Zakaria.

He made his way next to Detheriel.

"Would you mind slowing down so we can have a quiet word with each other Detheriel?" - he asked in a low voice.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #258
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Clapping Telryn on the shoulder in a friendly farewell, Detheriel stuffed his waterskin into his belt and dropped back to let Nivram catch up.

He found it hard to shake the sinking feeling he felt whilst in proximity to the man. His depression was all-pervasive and Detheriel had little time for those who choose to drown their sorrows in the cup.

Still he thought, who would have thought him capable of his outburst? Perhaps he has some life in him yet..

Squaring his shoulders he inclined his head in greeting as Nivram drew near.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:08 AM   #259
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

With an acidic look at Zakaria for interupting their conversation, Isokla leant in close to Ydalon, her back to Zakaria and her hair masking her movements. Seemingly, she appeared to kiss Ydalon on the cheek, but in reality, she whispered in his ear, "We'll finish our little conversation later, my lord. When we are not interupted by interlopers." she paused and added, "You've my loyalty for the moment. I will follow you, for now."

---
OOC: I'll let everyone interact for a little bit more and then maybe one of you can move the game along, or I will, depending on where you all want to go/do.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #260
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

He also nodded at Detheriel, and waited for him to draw level.

"Detheriel, you and I, we seem to be the oldest in this group. Now I know that age does not necessarily mean expertise, but it does mean that we have seen and been through more than any of the others."

Nivram paused and took a swig of water from his gourd.

"You might be wondering why I'm telling you all this, and why I even asked to talk with you. You were an earwitness back there, when I lost my temper against Zakaria. Despite his great words, he fled from a fight against me, and I guess he did so because he is low on magic. Now I realise that I was wrong in wanting to provoke a fight, because I would not want his blood on my hands, but my temper carried me away."

"I'm slowly getting to why I asked to speak with you. I fear that when Zakaria has recovered his magical abilities after resting that he might try to fight me. I'm not sure I would want to participate in that fight, not because I fear Zakaria, but because I might kill him, or he might kill me, and it would be idiocy to see blood flow over such a small matter."

"So I just wanted to ask you what you would do in my place in this situation."
Closed Thread