Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-09-2001, 07:46 PM   #1
huma
The Magister

While a charecter is hasted does it also reduce thier spellcasting
time?I tried timing some high level spells and did not see a difference. thanks in advance
Old 11-09-2001, 07:51 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

A Big WELCOME TO THE FORUM goes out to you huma. and Im sorry to say haste does nothing for spell casting time or number of attacks. I know improved haste does increase your attacks, but I dont think that helps spell casting time anyways. Hope that helps?
Old 11-09-2001, 08:20 PM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Also keep in mind that as nice as improved haste is, it can only be cast on an individual and not the group.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:26 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Haste Does Double Attack time. As far as i can figure out from the spell descriptions there are 3 differences between haste and imprved haste- 1. Imprived can not be cast on more than one person
2. There is no period of fatigue after improved haste- so all that running around doesnt make you tired.
3. Improved haste does increase spell casting time a bit.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:45 AM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

both versions double movement speed.

haste gives one extra attack. imp haste doubles attacks.

haste gives 24 hrs worth of fatigue at its completion. imp haste does not.

haste is cast on an area. imp haste only affects one creature.

neither spell does anything to spellcasting speeds.

and as a bonus, imp haste grants immunity to the normal haste spell [img]tongue.gif[/img] .