Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #11
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
I always recommend this site when starting to create builds. As long as you have the classes you want you should be able to find a good base HERE
Is there a site such as the above, but for NWN2?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #12
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Question Mark

Quote:
Bithron asked this very valid question to the general public:

quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:

I always recommend this site when starting to create builds. As long as you have the classes you want you should be able to find a good base HERE

Is there a site such as the above, but for NWN2?

[/QUOTE]Not as far as I myself have seen, but the general rules ought be the same. Given that NeverWinter Nights 2 only goes to twenty character levels, you would have to "curb your enthusiasm" slightly. As well, since NeverWinter Nights 2 introduces quite a few new character classes which regular NeverWinter Nights does not have, you may wish to see if there IS a thread either the Bioware forums or the Obsidian forums about character building for NeverWinter Nights 2. I believe there was at least two on the Bioware forums when I went looking for epic builds on my own. I can't confirm that at the moment, however.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Go here...

http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_regist...html?gid=14504

You will however have to be registered on Bioware to get to the forum. It is under the Guilds section.

Peace, John.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #14
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

here's a question based on something Garnet FalconDance was working on:

is there such a thing as a good paladin/rogue build?

I mean, if you are aiming for more stealth and convincing, I assume you go with more rogue than paladin. If you are going for the combat aspect, you'd laden it down with the paladin levels. Since I don't believe you can successfully create a lawful good paladin/bard (which would be a nice little theme in and of itself to be honest with you), a paladin/rogue doesn't sound like a big deal, right? well, if I were to attempt a similar approach as Garnet did, I take it I have to figure out what the focus for the character would be first, and then start placing down points as required?
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Points to ponder:
Where is the build going? What weapon, what skills, what feats, etc. Some builds, like AA's are pretty straight forward. You don't have to think about them too much, you know you need high dex for ab/ac, and you know you have to focus in bow feats.
A paladin/rogue would be a whole different game. You need to know what you're going to do with the char before you start with the mad levelling, because it would be really easy to come up with a next to worthless char. Which class are you going to take epic, for example, and just how much of a dex bonus are you going to allow yourself. Just a note here; heavy armor will only affect ac, in so far as I have observed, but if you're using a long sword, you'll want your str to be high, for ab purposes. A lot of what I'd see this build as is an exploit of UMD skills, and some extra skill points to play with.
The biggest problem with a build like this is the distribution of stat points. You need wisdom for spells, str for your weapon, dex for your dex based skills, some cha, etc. It gets really hard to fudge on any one stat when you have a class that's heavily dependant on it.
It could be a useful char, but it would be hard to come out with an excellent one. At least, on paper, they could play out pretty nice, I'd think.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

okay, making an attempt at a halfling monk warslinger. basing it off the concept that monks get a bonus to wisdom for their defensive rolls, and acquiring the skill Zen Archery to go with the sling. outside of that, I am thinking of getting some competance in kama for those upclose battles the sling just won't cover. weaponmastery is straight out, as the sling isn't covered by the capabilities the weaponmaster possesses. (though I had my dreams.) I did a little looking around, and there have been more than a few monk/fighter builds. I wasn't very confident of going straight monk, as I was unsure as to what their AB progression was. the more I look at it, however, the less sure I am it is even possible within the module I wish to attempt it (Escape From Undermountain.) any words of advice, including the possibility I may have to junk the idea altogether?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #17
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have several pure monks, and from an ab standpoint, in Undermountain, they are fairly low, average of about 53, with Imaskari kamas. However, that build has an ac of 91. It's a whiff war, but I have 7 attacks per round to get a natural 20, where needed. The only place the wisdom bonus applies, in so far as I know, is AC. Does the halfling feat Good Aim apply to slings? If so, this could give you an advantage. I'd look into that.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #18
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I am/was building (on attempt 2) a halfling rogue/paladin although I think the other way around would be better from a combat point of view. She started out as a purely "can it be done - can I do it") and, though I'm sure it can be done, it's frustrating as hell. Human would be a better choice for the strength aspect, I admit. In retrospect, a LOT more planning needs to be done with the idea in advance.

Not given up on the idea yet, but there are several other possible builds I'm tinkering with in my strictly-dabbling sort of way.

Btw, Moz, Matani has a few more pouches of Uzi bullets for you .
Old 02-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #19
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have tried Dex and Str based builds in Undermountain.

Dex is fun and works well until levels 13 and 14. Dex based characters don't get hurt much there but their AB is usually too low to do much damage (apart perhaps from Arcane Archers but I have no experience with that build).

Monks in particular, and I say this even though they are a favourite of mine, don't seem able to cope at the deeper levels using unarmed strike. I haven't done any better with kamas either.

For that reason most of my characters are now Str based although they take in a level or two of monk or rogue for the skills bonuses.

If you are thinking of a rogue build you might consider rogue/bard/RDD. It is possible to get both dev crit and epic dodge with this build plus the buffs from the bard levels. Dual wielding small weapons it can be quite lethal.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote