Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 07:58 AM   #1
HeavensFire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have just completed the game and so this makes me feel kind of dumb to ask but how do you use the brown colored magic books that you find in chests and stuff? I have gone through the whole game without using a single one. Can someone clue me in for general knowledge sake?
HeavensFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 08:26 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

The one who can use them will see an "invoke" button on the item description but only if he haven't known the spell already. A particular book of magic can be used only by a character that has the corresponding magic school (the ...craft skill) as his "native" magic school (i.e., the ...craft skill isn't enough). Mages can use only Fire and Stone books of magic, Warlocks and Zenmasters can use all books of magic, Rangers can use only Vine books of magic and so on. Also, the character must be able to learn the spell, i.e., he must meet the character level and skill level criteria.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 08:34 AM   #3
HeavensFire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey thanks a lot Radek,
I thought that it had to be something along those lines but never really took the time to figure it all out. I really appreciate your response though. I'll keep it in mind when I am playing next time.
HeavensFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 10:08 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, HeavensFire!!!

Keep us posted on how your next game goes!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote