Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2000, 05:48 PM   #1
sonic17

i tried doing what the walkthrough says about going past the central firepit then going back through it backwards, but this doesnt seem to be working for me...is there something im doing wrong or is there another solution....
Old 12-29-2000, 06:18 PM   #2
Dwarf

Right, try this, I did it 3 hours ago due to extreme boredom.Never go through the middle pit no matter wich way you are going.First start in the corridor outside the room.Edge up to one of the walls and move near to the first fire until you almost have a beeline on one of the alcoves then run.Get into the alcove,wait,heal up.Pull the lever.Reverse the line that you just did back out(exactly the way you came).Now line up for the other alcove.Repeat the deathrun of flame and pull the second lever.Do not retreat.Line up with the far side of the now open escape tunnel,run for it.Do not cross the middle fire unless you want to get locked in and probably die.When you get into the tunnel on the other side do not turn back.If the gate doesn't open after doing all that take it back for a replacement as it works for practically anyone else.
Old 12-29-2000, 08:27 PM   #3
sumbitch

If that doesn't work do what I did. Grab a treasure chest push it in front of you. Get a running start and push it thru the middle fire into the gate. The gate should hit the chest and not be able to close.
Old 12-30-2000, 12:14 AM   #4
gaunty
The Magister

the fighter side is park walk. just run strait through, if you are running the gate should open twice. the wizard side, you have to try a few times for the same afect.

gee I wish there was a way to go through both.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 05:42 PM   #5
Thorny

I think this is the solution for the Wizard side - right side - no levers to pull.

I originally spent hours reloading and trying the hints I found on line with no results. I was able to use a crate once, but that is not easy to duplicate. Then once I was able to get the grate to stay open permanently and I could wal through liesurely.

Starting in the passageway to the room of fire pits, there are two fire pits between you and the grate at the far side of the room. Try this:

Walk straight through both fire pits, use the shift key to reduce damage. The grate will close before you can get through.

Walk back through the same two fire pits back to the entrance passageway. Heal up whenever you need to.

Now, this time, when you walk straight through the two fire pits toward the grate it will open and stay open.

Let me know if this works for you.
Old 03-24-2001, 02:05 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Top side
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote