Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2001, 05:03 PM   #1
banjobear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it possible for the expansion just to install the higher res options besides all the other new stuff? I want to fully play through IWD with 800*600 res first before getting into expansion's area and quests.
banjobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 11:05 PM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

sure. the expansion (heart of winter) is accessed only by talking to this one guy holjider. when (if) you run into him just give himthe oh wait a sec i need to go get some equipment first i'll meet you back here.

then don't go back.

or if you do try the expansion, holjier will also bring you back when you want to.
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:54 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There are a couple of ways you can play IWD / HOW. The one I recommend is to run through everything in IWD up to but not all the way through the ending of Lower Dorn's Deep and save there using something other than the quick save slot. Then go ahead and finish off IWD. Now go back, reload that save and instead of doing the final battle in Lower Dorn's deep (which isn't the ending of IWD) go back to Kuldahar and talk to Hjolldar, and start the HOW expansion. Once you get transported to Lonelywood, save again! Then you can finish off all of HOW, and be transported back to Kuldahar where you can then complete the original IWD.

The save in Lonelywood will allow give you a kickoff point to do the freebie dungeon Trials of the Loremaster!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote