Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Okay, I'm finally moving on from Morrowind to NWN platinum edition. Have browsed the board here and found some interesting stuff. But, of course, there are still some questions...

1. I'd prefer to take one char through all three modules, rather than start over in each one. Any drawbacks to that? Where is a good place to export for bringing him in for the next mod?

2. Speaking of drawbacks, I caught a mention in one message about someone losing his goodies at the start of HotU? Is that right? They take your stuff away if you import? Any way to get that back? I don't care if it's by cheating, I want my stuff (I'm the possessive type, very possessive).

3. I know 40 is the max level. Is there a cap in the first two mods? About where should I expect my guy to be at the end of the first two?

4. After reading through the messages on epics and prestige classes, both of which sound good, I'm wondering how to build up. RDD is making me drool. I was thinking a human fighter with one level of sorc and then RDD might be a good power fighter. With prestige classes not counting on the multi, they made a big loophole (I am not complaining!).

All comments appreciated.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

This should probably go without saying, but I will anyway. The following reply is one big spoiler, if you have not played through all three campaigns, or simply do not want spoiler type info, do not continue reading...
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

OK, the easiest part first, yes, you can run the same char all the way through all three campaigns. I would not recommend that though. Main reason is, Shadows is built for a lvl one char, and you should end up somewhere around lvl 18 in the first OC. If you choose to run that char in shadows, it will take away from game play. However, you can take the same char that finishes Shadows, and run straight into Hordes. In fact, the game presumes that that is what you have done. To support this, Deekin will call your char boss, even if you have never actually met him with that char, in the previous campaign. Yes, you do lose your gear in Hordes, at the beginning, part of the story line, however, you will be able to get it back.
As to builds, there are too many to mention. There are posts aplenty about them all over this forum. Choose the one's that look best to you, and run with em.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Thank you, thank you, thank you. For that answer and also on how to use the mod. Okay, if I get my stuff back, I feel a little better

Strange that Shadows requires such low-level characters. If that's really the case, I suppose it's best to follow your advice and move my char on to HotU after the OC.

As to char build, I asked that one before using Chewy's mod occurred to me. Doing that should take care of the question.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The reason shadows starts you off as level 1 is becuase you are not the same person as the Hero of Neverwinter from the first OC.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:34 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

No problem, glad to be of assistance.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 05:55 AM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:
Strange that Shadows requires such low-level characters. If that's really the case, I suppose it's best to follow your advice and move my char on to HotU after the OC.
Actually, storyline-wise, it would make far greater sense to import your character from SoU into HotU, rather than the one from the OC, as the game assumes the characters from the expansions to be one and the same and the character from the OC to be someone else.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote